September 2019 ~ Monthly Favourites



Although this month was all about an Autumnal de-cluttering for me, of course I managed to pick up some new products that have become fast and firm favourites in September.


Angel Face Mineral Cosmetics - Illuminator

I picked up a few Angel Face Mineral Cosmetics samples a while ago. I was hugely impressed with their service. The sample pots are cardboard and completely recyclable (or re-usable for travel pots) and only cost £2 each.
I loved all the samples but it was the Illuminator which I absolutely fell in love with!
This pale pink finely milled powder has really made me re-think my highlighting game! I just don't want to wear those blinding, strobing highlighters any more and much prefer something much more natural and subtle.
The Illuminator gives me exactly the look I prefer. It's natural and subtle and just gives my skin a very healthy looking 'lit from within' glow.


Date Night Body Butter
£5.95

I was so happy to discover Boho Fresh Handmade Cosmetics this month! It feels a little bit like belonging to a secret society when you first buy and try your first product! There's a whole online army of worshippers dedicated in their love of these products and I'm definitely adding myself to the gang! 
My first choice ('cos it won't be my last!) was the Date Night Body Butter.
Date Night is a pale dusky lilac whipped body butter topped with gold dust and stars. Not only is it extremely pretty to look at, it smells gorgeous too. The scent has a heart of rose combined with Iris and Italian plum. Date Night has the longest-lasting benefits of any body product I've ever tried. My skin was still feeling soft, hydrated and moisturised two days after applying.


Terre Verdi - FranChouliPom Facial Serum

This is the first of two products this month which came in this month's Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box.
I'd never tried anything from Terre Verdi before but it was a brand that I've always wanted to try. I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the brand than via Terre Verdi's best-seller, the FranChouliPom serum.
Suitable for dry and mature skin, I have a feeling that this is going to be a product I'm reaching for a lot more over the colder months. Patchouli can often be an overpowering scent when used on its own but when it's mixed with others (and Frankincense is a great combination) it adds a beautifully earthy little kick and is one of those scents where you get pleasing little reminders throughout the day. This serum can also be used as a massage oil. This is something I need to try as it's such a great skin conditioner and although it's a heavier oil, it does absorb well.


Casa Mencarelli - Crema Di Pomodoro

My second pick is also from this month's Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box. This is an item that was high up on my wish list so I was overjoyed to see it in this month's box.
Crema di Pomodoro is a multi-tasking product which can be used as a cleansing balm and also as a night cream.
It's such a potent little product, rich in antioxidants, essential fatty acids, lycopene and phytosterols.
It has a beautiful earthy and sweet scent of tomatoes and carrots and is the most gorgeous Sicilian lemon colour. I'm a huge fan of Casa Mencarelli products - see previous reviews here - Lucia, the founder of Casa Mencarelli always manages to deliver the essence of Italy perfectly in every single one of her products. They all rate very highly on the 'Joy Scale' as well as delivering fabulous results.



Kathleen Natural - Tranquil Fields Bubble Bath & Shower Gel

This was another beauty box inclusion this month from the Love Lula Beauty Box.
I've tried this before and absolutely loved it so I was delighted to see it in this month's box. I can safely say that this is the best shower gel I've ever tried. From the gorgeous mix of essential oils to its super rich, creamy foam, this is everything I love in a shower gel.
I hadn't realised that there's a matching massage oil - I really need to try that!



Dames & Dimes

And finally, a fabulous Indie skincare brand, Dames & Dimes have a small capsule collection which is full of fun, fabulous scents, amazing natural colours and above all, delivers great results for your skin.
This is their free sample kit (you just pay postage) consisting of their iconic Chocolate Orange Cleansing Balm, Miracle Mandarin Face Oil and also two brand new products - the Blemish Fix Face Mask and the outstanding Sunset Glow Recovery Balm.
It's not just the pleasing aesthetics that accounts for my preference of rich orange-hued products! But with natural ingredients such as Sea Buckthorn, Carrot Root and Sweet Orange Oil include in the formulas, which provide such wonderful colours of nature, it certainly does make these products extra joyful to look at!
It's been a long time coming - the Chocolate Orange Cleansing Balm has been high on my wish list since I first tried it some months ago now - but expect to see full sizes of both the cleansing balm and the new Sunset Glow Recovery Balm in next month's favourites round-up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review