Boho Fresh Handmade Cosmetics - Date Night


You can find Boho Fresh Handmade Cosmetics on Facebook and Instagram - contact through those pages for product list, prices, availability and how to order.
I found the ordering process extremely easy and Jackie was incredibly quick to respond and get my order out to me.


My main source when seeking out new brands or products to try is definitely Instagram.
The love for Boho Fresh Handmade Cosmetics on Social Media is pretty evident and I kept seeing these stunning photos of this colourful, swirly-whirly body butter with people really raving about the scent and texture. FOMO got the better of me and I had to order some for myself!

I chose 'Date Night' - a pale dusky lilac whipped body butter topped with gold dust and stars. The scent has a heart of Rose combined with Iris and Italian Plum.


Date Night has quite a stiff texture and is one of the more thicker body butters that I have tried. This does mean that the slip on application isn't quite as slick as a creamier or whipped body butter. I'm thinking that this won't fare well in my cold bathroom come the winter months, where a lot of my oil-based products suffer badly from the cold environment and can set quite solidly, making them more difficult to use.
But this thickness doesn't mean that it's a heavy product that sits on top of your skin. On the contrary, the body butter absorbs beautifully and actually very quickly. When using an oil, I will usually wait for a while before pulling on jeans or leggings, but I was able to get dressed almost immediately after applying Date Night.

The pretty gold glitter on top of the swirled body butter looked gorgeous in the pot but it did slightly worry me as I'm not a fan of looking sparkly and I usually avoid anything with glitter in. But after application, the tiny flecks of glitter thankfully didn't turn me into Princess-Twinkle-Legs, it just left a slightly perceptible overall glow, which looked more healthy than disco. So I was happy about that!

There's a lot to love about Date Night - from the pretty swirly, sparkly presentation, to the gorgeous scent and the quick and easy absorption. But I think what impressed me most was the durability. I shower every other day and I noticed that my skin felt as nourished and soft on the second day as it did after first application. This is perhaps the longest-lasting body butter that I have ever used and clearly continues to condition my skin over time.

Jackie also popped a sample of Date Night Body Wash in with my order.
This is an entirely new form of shower/bath wash to me. On first glance it has the same form exactly as the Date Night Body Butter (and is just as swirly and beautiful to look at!).
I found it worked best when I scooped some out and pressed it into the folds of my shower net. My kids use the Lush Shower Jelly and I'm always finding huge globs of it on the shower floor where it slips through their fingers! So using the shower net ensures that I'm not losing any of this gorgeous stuff.
It foams up beautifully so you only need quite a small scoop to cover your entire body.
Infused with the same delicious scent as the Date Night Body Butter I like to follow up with the Body Butter to get a delicious double dose of this scent.
Its set texture and compact packaging makes this an ideal product to take with you when travelling.

Boho Fresh Handmade Cosmetics are small batch so if you spot a flavour you'd like to try it's best to order quickly as these are incredibly popular and sell out fast.
Other flavours that I've seen are CEO - Calabrian Bergamot, Rose and Sandalwood; Mango and Thai Lime; Cotton Candy and Vanilla and the flavour I have my eye on next is Dark Amber, Ginger Lily, Mandarin, Lime, Basil, Bergamot and Birch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review