2019 New Year Skincare Inventory

It's that time of year again - a bi-annual skinventory where I show off my stash and see what I need to use up!

See also: Jan 2018 Skinventory
June 2018 Skinventory

My skin type: Normal/Combination; mature(ish!); prone to redness; not generally prone to break-outs and not particularly sensitive.

First Cleanse
 

 
Totals: 15
5 Cream/Milk Cleansers (4 full size - 1 Mini)
1 Micellar Water
7 Cleansing Balms (2 full size - 5 mini)
2 Cleansing Oils (2 mini)

This is my favourite category and one that I don't mind being a bit larger as I love variety. I'm also very fickle and tend not to repeat purchase too many products as there's always something new to try. However, in saying that, the A.Florence Skincare balm cleanser is a definite keeper!
My favourite first cleansers are cleansing balms and oils, so my goal is to use up the cleansing milks and the mini sizes, especially ones that have been in my stash for the longest.
I don't use a dedicated eye makeup remover, I prefer to use Micellar Water on my eyes before going in with an oil cleanser (if that particular chosen cleanser is safe to use on the eyes).
It's a bit worrying that I had six of these in my Skincare Inventory at the beginning of 2018 - so these are obviously the ones I need to use up next.
I've reviewed the Raw Gaia Hemp Glow Cleanser HERE.

Second Cleanse

 
Total: 8
5 Full size & 3 minis
 
I prefer a non-drying gel cleanser for my second cleanse. I like all of these that are in my stash with perhaps the exception of the Naobay cleanser (it has the strangest consistency) and the Elemis Superfood Cleanser (I really don't like the smell). The Cerave cleanser, which finally came to the UK last year, might be pretty solid and utilitarian but it's bloody great, so this will remain a staple in my stash. I need to use up the CosRX Low PH Cleanser next as it's the oldest in my stash.
 
Exfoliation
 
 
Total: 5
2 Physical Exfoliators
2 Enzyme Peels
1 Acid Peel

This isn't too bad but I'd like to get down to one of each type of exfoliator. I only physically exfoliate once a week, use an enzyme peel once a week and the chemical peel once every two weeks - so these aren't used very regularly.

Toners


Total: 2 Full Size

I usually have some floral waters in my stash too as I use them as morning cleansers. But I'm using the Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Toner for a morning cleanse currently and will pick up a couple of floral waters when this is used up. I also like to have a hydrating toner in my stash - this Body Shop Seaweed Toner is more clarifying than hydrating, so I'm using the lotions (below) for hydration - particularly in the winter.

Mists

 
Total: 6 (2 full size and 4 minis)

I love a good mist, but I currently have an abundance of them (particularly minis) in my stash at the moment from Beauty Boxes and a giveaway win.  I recently bought the Superdrug Calm Skin Facial Spritz as it contains Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid. I've left one out of the photo - I also have a mini size of Jurlique Balancing Rose Mist in my handbag!

Acid Toners


Totals: 4 (2 full size & 2 minis)

I'm including the Pixi Retinol Toner in this category - not an acid toner but does have a small amount of slow-release Retinol, so could be considered an active. My favourites are the Bravura London Ginseng Glycolic Toner and the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Toner - these will always remain staples in my stash.

Lotions


Totals: 4 (1 full size & 3 minis)

I like using lotions for extra hydration, but I'll use them as well as a toner, particularly in the colder months. My favourite of these is the Dr Weil for Origins Mega Mushroom Relief Toner - This is only a 100ml bottle, but I would like to repurchase a full size when this is finished. I've only recently tried the Dr Jart + Ceramidin range, and I can see why it's such a cult favourite. This is a super hydrating and soothing lotion - great for an emergency skin drink!

Wash Off Masks

 
Totals: 11
4 Full size & 7 Minis
 
These are a good mix of clay masks (loose and ready-made), gel type masks and an oil mask. I prefer ready-mixed masks, purely because I'm not that great at mixing clay masks - I always seem to make them too runny! I've reviewed the Milk Makeup Urban Defence Mask HERE.
 
Serums
 
 
 
The top photo shows all my opened serums and the bottom photo is of unopened and back-ups.
 
Totals: 19 ( 15 full size & 4 minis)
Opened - 12/Unopened (or opened but waiting for inclusion in the routine) - 6
 
Last year I wrote about how much of a mish-mash that my serum collection was and how I needed to find a direction. I think I definitely found it last year and I have an almost entirely different (and much grown) stash. Most of these have been acquired in the past year and several of these were from beauty boxes, from giveaway wins or items sent to me to review. This is a good mix of hydrating serums, targeted serums and oil serums. Most of these are used in my morning routines as I prefer actives and treatments for my evening routines (see below). I shouldn't have so many open bottles though - I'm such a flitter, always wanting to try the next thing! I have been trying to make my routines more consistent so that I can give serums time to work.
 
Actives and Treatments 
 
 
Totals: 5
 
Included in this category are the Ishtar Skinlights 2.5% Bioactive Retinol and Prep & Glow; The Ordinary Resveratrol + Ferulic Acid and Alpha Lipoic Acid and ValJean Labs Niacinamide and Zinc. What's missing from this category is a stronger Vitamin C product. The Ishtar Skinlights Pep & Glow Serum is a lovely brightening serum but I really feel like I'm missing a Vitamin C product with a higher percentage of L-Ascorbic Acid.
 
Eye Care
 
 
 Totals: 8
 
In current use are the Cornflower Water (nearly empty), the Rata & Co Chia Seed Oil Eye Cream (evening), La Roche-Posay Redermic R for eyes (morning & evening) and The Ordinary Caffeine (morning). I usually find that the effectiveness of most eye creams start to plateau after a two week use so I will rotate every couple of weeks. However, the La Roche-Posay Redermic R is the only one that shows consistent results, so I have been using this continually since last summer.
 
Moisturisers
 
 
Totals: 16 (8 Full size/8 Deluxe Sample)
 
Last year, this was the stash that gave me the most anxiety as I had so many (opened and unopened) and it was taking me so long to use them up. Some of them had expired so had to be de-cluttered. I only actually bought one moisturiser, and that was the Ishtar Skinlights Time C.O.D.E, which is currently unopened. Any others came in beauty boxes.
 
Facial Oil
 
 
Totals: 15
 
This stash has more than doubled in the past year (mainly due to beauty boxes and review items). I love pretty much every single one of these but using them up before they expire does concern me. I'll always buy a mini or travel size if the option is there, as oils do take a long time to use up.
 
SPF
 
 
Total: 4
 
 I've managed to keep on top of this part of my stash by sticking (mainly) to my preferred SPF and by using it daily. The classic blue Biore UV Aqua Riche Watery Essence is very nearly finished.
 
Sleeping Masks
 
 
Total: 4 (one not pictured)
 
I do have another sleep mask somewhere but I just couldn't find it to include it in this photo! 
I'm trying to keep this amount low as I don't use a sleeping mask too regularly. My most recent (and favourite) is the Temple Spa Repose Aromatherapy Resting Cream, which I received in a Latest in Beauty Box.
 
 
Goals: Finish up the oldest first!!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review