Skin Care Stash Management

 
After making a written inventory of my skincare stash I was shocked at exactly how much I'd accrued over the year!
 
So coinciding with a couple of challenges on Instagram, this is the perfect time to take stock of what I own and to use up what I have, without buying more of the same, and report back in six months to see what kind of dent I've managed to make it my stash!
 

First/Oil Cleansers:
 
I think this is my favourite part of the skincare routine. I prefer balms over oils, and as you can see, I mostly have minis and deluxe samples, which I will use up first. I haven't actually included any cream cleansers or Micellar water/eye make up removers.

Would like to replace with: Full size of Banila Co Clean it Zero Radiance or Elemis Pro-Collagen Balm Cleanser or to try Pixi/Caroline Hirons - Double Cleanse.


 
2nd/Foam Cleansers:
 
I'm now mostly bored with my current stash (with the exception of the Rodial Stem Cell Cleansing mask and the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Cleanser).
 
Would like to replace with: Glossier - Milky Jelly Cleanser, IS Clinical - Complex Cleanser or Jordan Samuel - The After Show Cleanser.
 
 
Exfoliators:
This lot is going to take quite a while to get through as I only physically exfoliate a maximum of twice a week.
 
Would like to replace with: Nothing. I'm more than happy with the Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel.
 

 
Toners:
 
I'm mostly happy with this collection (with the exception of the L'Oreal which was bought as a stand-in on a night away). I Prefer the Pixi Glow Tonic and Bravura London Glycolic Toner to the Alpha H Liquid Gold. I wasn't a huge fan of The Ordinary Glycolic Toner and am using it up on my body.
 
Would like to replace with: Nothing but I would like to add a Klairs Supple Preparation toner for a more nourishing toner as I've heard it's more like a lotion.
 
 
 
Acids and Actives:
 
Just two brands dominate my acids and actives stash - The Hero Project for Vitamin C and The Ordinary for everything else! I'm pretty contented with this line-up - apart from The Ordinary Vitamin C 23% suspension which I just couldn't get on with because of the greasiness - currently trying to use it up on my body.
 
Would like to replace with: Again, I'm happy with what I'm using although I may try and step up my Retinoids after I've finished this bottle of Active Retinoid 2%. I'm interested in the Paula's Choice 1% Retinol but at £53 a bottle, that's a huge expense compared with The Ordinary - maybe try a sample bottle of it first?
 
 
Serums:
 
Looking at this stash - it's a bit of a mish-mash! Nothing seems to be particularly targeted skin care, and I use most of it that's already opened as extra hydration. It's probably an area where I need to do more research this year and figure out what it is I actually want.
 
Would like to replace with: I don't have anything particular in mind! I would like to buy another Propolis serum though (I'm thinking the Iunik Propolis Ampoule at the moment).
 
 
Eyes:
This seems to be the category where it's hardest to find 'the one'! I've been using this deluxe sample of Filorga -Time Fller Eyes and at first, I really loved it and saw a slight improvement around my eyes but after a few weeks of use I stopped noticing any improvement. I was going to buy the full size of this, but at £45 for 15ml, I just don't think it's worth it. The next eye cream I plan to open and use is the Ziaja Parsley eye cream - at completely different ends of the spectrum price-wise - this cost only £1.99!
 
Would like to replace with: Nothing. I would repurchase the Liz Earle Soothing Eyebright Lotion and The Ordinary Agireline and Caffeine solution.
 

 
Creams and Gels:
 
I think this is realistically going to take me over a year or more to get through what I have! Currently using the TonyMoly Green Tea Chok Chok Watery cream and the Figs and Rouge Hydra-Activ cream. Next on the list will be the Bravura London Azulene Cream.
 
Would like to replace with: Nothing in mind. I do prefer watery gel creams over the more traditional heavier creams though.
 
 
Facial Oils:
 
I love the facial oil step. Above are the only branded oils I have. Only The Ordinary Squalane is open at the moment.

 
Facial Oils seem to be the most expensive step in the skin care routine For this reason, I've bought several carrier oils and I like to play around with them, seeing what works best on my skin and also making up my own little mixtures of different oils. Pictured above are: Rosehip Oil, Marula Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Barbary Fig Oil, Tomato Seed Oil, Broccoli Seed Oil and Blue Tansy with Jojoba Oil.
 
Would like to replace with: I have a list of more carrier and essential oils that I would like to add to my stash.
 
 
 
Wash Off Face Masks:
I probably don't use these as much as I could. Double-masking is great and I need to do more of it.
 
Would like to replace with: Will definitely repurchase the Oskia Renaissance mask when  I've used this deluxe sample up.
 
 
Sun Screens:
My Holy Grail of sun screens is the Biore UV Aqua Rich 50 SPF. Not only does this offer maximum skin protection but it's a fantastic moisturiser, the only primer I ever need for under make up and doesn't leave a white caste or oily skin.
 
Would like to replace with: The Biore UV Aqua Rich - it's the only one I'll ever need!
 
 
Sleeping Packs:
 
As I don't use these every night, it's taking quite a while for me to use these up. I'm slightly regretful that I bought some of these sleeping packs so indiscriminately last year. The first one I bought was the TonyMoly Banana sleeping pack - pretty much solely for it's packaging! It's uber rich and has a fake banana smell which I'm not a fan of. The Crème Shop was an impulse buy when I was staying the night away and needed some extra hydration (hotel rooms are always so dry) and the Body Shop Vitamin E mask came in a bundle with other Body Shop goodies and is yet unopened. Typically, my two favourites are the samples - the decant of the Sulwhasoo Overnight Revitalizing Mask (from BeautyinHanguk) and the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask samples.
 
Would like to replace with: A full size of the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask.
 

 Massive New Years De-stash/De-Clutter

 
 
 At the beginning of the year I had a massive de-stash of old/expired/unwanted/unused skincare, bodycare, fragrances, make up and nail varnishes.
Some of these were absolutely ancient!!

 
I managed to clear out quite a few nail varnishes that were either very old, duplicate colours or colours that I don't ever wear!
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review