Raw Gaia Hemp Glow Cleanser Review


 
Raw Gaia Hemp Glow Cleanser
£28.00 50ml
 
 
What it is...
Hemp Glow Cleanser is a cleanser containing a blend of cold pressed superfood oils and floral waters. Is suitable for removing eye makeup. Suitable for combination, oily and teen skin. Certified by The Soil Association, Cruelty Free International and The Vegan Society.
 
Ingredients...
Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) 
Flower Water*, Melaleuca Alternifolia
(Tea Tree) Leaf Water*, Cannabis Sativa
(Hemp) Seed Oil*, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, 
Glycerin, Aqua, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium
Anisate, Citric Acid, Citrus Limon (Lemon) 
Pel Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), 
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, 
Juniperus Communis (Juniperberry) Fruit 
Oil*, Xanthan Gum, Amorphophallus 
Konjac Root Powder, Citral**, Limonene** 
* Organic ingredients 
** Occurs naturally in essential oil 
91% Organic of total


 
Packaging...
Frosted green glass bottle with pump dispenser.
 
Scent and Texture...
I absolutely love this scent - it's like lemon sherbet. I use the term sherbet because it's a delicate rather than strident lemon scent. Extremely zingy and refreshing but a relaxing and soothing scent at the same time. It feels like a lightweight milky serum with an oily feel.

 
 
 Application...
 Either apply to cotton wool and wipe over face and neck or (and this is my preference) apply directly to your face and neck, massage for a while, and then remove with a flannel or muslin cloth. I feel that I use up far too much product in one go when applying it to cotton wool pads and removing makeup in that way.
 
Thoughts...
 
Although billed as a first step cleanser, the Hemp Glow cleanser is a bit of an enigma, and I've not ever used a cleanser similar to it. It's a cross between an oil and milky cleanser - it doesn't seem to have quite enough 'kick' as a balm or oil type first cleanser but doesn't quite feel right as a second cleanser (although that could just be my own personal preference in how I like my cleansers to deliver). So for me, this gives it best performance on no makeup days as it's hefty enough to remove the dirt and grime of the day and SPF. However, although it can remove eye makeup - without irritation (which is a bonus) it doesn't quite remove all my mascara and I would have to go over my eyes with some cornflower water just to finish up.
If using as a first cleanser, it does leave a slight oily residue, but after a second cleanse, my skin feels very soft and clean.

I like this, but unfortunately, I don't love this. And for the price, I expect to be in love with a product before considering spending that kind of money on a cleanser.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review