Milk Makeup - Urban Defence Mask Review

 
Milk Makeup in T.K. Maxx?! Best believe that I grabbed this without a second thought when I saw this in my local T.K Maxx a few months ago.
I've been yearning to get my hands on some Milk Makeup, but it's not available in the UK, so spotting this was definitely one of those jumping up and down in the aisle moments!


Packaging
I picked this up for (I think) £5.99 and it's a huge amount of product.
The product itself comes in a plastic pot with flip-top lid (has a foil seal) and is also in a (rather unnecessary) larger cylindrical pot.

 
 This is unlike any of the Milk Makeup packaging I've seen online (their classic stick packaging) and so I did a little bit of online digging to see why this (and the other Milk Makeup products that showed up in the UK at T.K Maxx) didn't seem like a regular Milk Makeup offering. Turns out it was specially made for Urban Outfitters. It's no longer in stock - hence it turning up in T.K Maxx! Secret squirrel moment over!

Ingredients
 Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Water/Aqua, Sucrose Laurate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Seedcake Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Flavour/Aroma.
 
Scent and Texture
It could be psycho-somatic but the product smells like a light milk pudding to me! Not overpoweringly sweet but definitely milky - possibly it's a vanilla scent.
Texture-wise is a milky-ish gel in the pot but more clear when out of the pot.

Foil seal has been removed in this photo

Application
Scoop up a gloopy swoop of the mask with your fingers (or spatula) and apply it to your face. It's gelatinous enough so that it doesn't slide off and can be left longer than the advised time of 3-5 minutes without drying out at all.
To remove - wash off either just using water or with a flannel.



Thoughts
I'm stretched to find any benefits to this mask. It feels cool and soothing when on the skin; the scent is okay; it's easy to remove. But I didn't notice any difference after using it - possibly a tiny bit of hydration and softening - but that's really about it. And unfortunately, for such little return, I always feel like I should have chosen another mask to use that does yield greater results. No one wants to waste precious masking time!
Sadly, despite my initial glee at finding this product, I feel that this mask has been a bit of a dud for me. A milk dud - if you will (groooaaann!!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review