Summertime Morning Skincare Routine


Consistency is key when establishing a skincare routine. It's always tempting to keep adding and trying new products, but by doing that, you're minimizing the chance of seeing results from consistent use of a product - particularly treatments.

I do try and keep my morning routine pretty consistent - but during the warmer months, my skin has different needs and therefore I need to adjust my routine accordingly. Unfortunately, my skin tends to veer towards the oilier side during summer, so I'm not able to use as many oil-based products in my morning routine - which is a bit of a shame, as I do love my oil-based products!



Cleanse  
Most days I use a simple floral water as a morning cleanser. My current choice is Manuka Floral Water from Naturally Thinking. It's light and fresh with a delicate scent.
A couple of times a week I'll opt for a gentle exfoliating cleanser. The Ishtar Skinlights Cleansing Clay is the perfect choice for summer. The cooling clay deeply cleanses my skin without leaving it dry and it gives me a really gentle exfoliation so doesn't leave my skin feeling fragile. I reviewed this here.



Tone
The Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner from The Body Shop is a great clarifying toner and helps keep my sebum levels regulated. Three or four times a week I'll use Bravura London Revitalising Ginseng Toner. This toner has a low amount of Glycolic acid in it which is great for a more gentle approach to acid exfoliation.


Eye Care
I wrote about my current eye care routine here.
First step is to hydrate my under eyes with the Pure Savvy - Eye to Eye Serum (full review here) and then towards the end of my routine I'll apply some Alexa Sky Botanicals - Alpine Cellular Complex Brightening Eye Balm (full review here).



Serum
Without fail, all year round, the next step is my Bielenda Dr Medica Capillaries Serum.
I've lost count of how many bottles of this that I've gone through! It's a fantastic hydrating serum which layers so well with all my other products. Ingredients include Lactobionic Acid which enhances repair mechanisms of the skin, reduces the appearance of dilated capillaries and redness tendency, evens skin tone and highly moisturises. Troxerutin reduces the fragility of blood vessels and strengthens and protects them.
Chestnut tightens the blood vessels walls, makes them more flexible and prevents them from cracking. Improves blood circulation, prevents irritation.
D-Panthenol soothes and has anti-inflammatory effect, hydrates and regenerates the skin, making it soft and elastic.
And Vitamin C increases the blood vessels walls mechanical resistance to cracking, keeps its proper construction. Restores skin colour and luster of the skin, reduces the tendency to discolouration.
This miracle serum is such great value - it costs around the £5 mark. And it really works too! Read my review here.


Treatments
I've started to use the Garden of Wisdom Vitamin C 23% Serum & Ferulic Acid in my evening skincare routine alongside (but with a 20 minute interval between them) my Retinol Serum. This has been working out great for me, but sometimes I like to use it in my morning routines too.
Depending on whether or not I'm using Vitamin C in my morning routine, I might bring in another 'treatment serum'. Currently in rotation are ValJean Labs Niacinamide + Zinc; Ishtar Skinlights - Perfect & Glow; Formulathions - Malachite and Gatineau - Melatogenine AOX Probiotics.
I usually use the 'treatment serums' for a week at a time before rotating to another one.



Moisturise
I prefer a water-drop type moisturiser during the summer. I'm currently using Elizavecca - Aqua Hyaluronic Acid Water Drop Cream. It feels like water on the skin - so cooling and hydrating but also gives me the right levels of moisturisation without feeling heavy on my skin. The Koreans do water drop moisturisers so well!


Boosters
In the last few months I've realised the importance of bringing an antioxidant serum into my morning routine. These are often oil-based, so in the summer, I'll just add a couple of drops to my moisturiser. I'm currently using the Jorgobe - Hydrating Glow Serum (review to follow shortly).
I'm not a sun worshipper, but do like how much healthier my skin looks with a light tan. To fake this look I use Isle of Paradise - Light Self Tanning Drops.



SPF
SPF is non-negotiable all year round. During the summer, I mostly use Biore UV Aqua Rich Wtery Essence SPF 50+ PA++++. I'm currently using the Botanical Peony version. This always remains my favourite SPF.
The La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL is not too bad either! It's also slightly tinted, so if my skin is looking okay, I can wear this without feeling the need to use foundation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review