Project Use It Up - October Results

 
 
A great month of managing to use up products in October - 5 of the 6 products chosen got finished, with the exception of the smallest item, which is taking forever to finish!
 
1. The Body Shop - Chinese Ginseng and Rice Toner
Positive aspects of this toner was that it's incredibly hydrating. But this won't be a repurchase as there must have been something in the ingredients that didn't always agree with my skin - some days it would sting, so not particularly soothing for me personally.
 
2. Elemis - Skin Bliss Capsules
I'm not entirely sure that these weren't 'off'. I'd get tiny little bits of the plastic capsule in with the oil every time I used these. Not a repurchase for me.
 
3. The Hero Project - Vit C-30 Serum
This was my Vitamin C 'Product of the Year' for 2017 and I did really love this serum. However, I'm currently trying out a new Vitamin C product as I really wanted one that I could use in my morning routine - and this was just a bit too oily for that. It's the highest form of stabilised Vitamin C (Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid) in a UK product, so really is a powerful product. I reviewed it HERE.
 
4. Ultrasun SPF 30 for Face
Was happy to get this sun cream out of the way. It was a bit too greasy for wearing under my makeup. Plus, it smelled of mushrooms - which is not great in your skincare!
 
5. Trifle - Pear Lip Scrub
THis is going to have to be rolled over into next month's project. I'm really not enjoying this anymore - it has an unpleasant taste, and with a lip scrub, it's very difficult not to get any accidentally in your mouth! I'll be glad when this is done!
 
6. Perfume Samples
I have an admission - I actually de-cluttered the Serge Lutens Fleurs D'Oranger sample. Can't believe I'd ever do that to a Serge Lutens product but when dried down this had a really unpleasant smell. Last month, I learned the word 'indole' in relation to perfume. It means 'a crystalline organic compound with an unpleasant odour, present in coal tar and in faeces'. Yes, the base of this perfume was really that bad!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review