The Hero Project Vit-C 30 Serum Review

 
The Hero Project - Vitamin C-30 Serum
£39.00 for 30ml BUY HERE
 
One of my most favourite skincare ingredients, Vitamin C is an antioxidant which increases collagen production and can reduce pigmentation. It's also a very mild exfoliator, which leads to that lovely bright and healthy glow.
 
Hands up! I admit that the different types of Vitamin C confuse me somewhat! I know that I've read plenty of reviews mentioning Vitamin C serums that oxidise quickly and have to be kept refrigerated in order to keep them stable and those two issues are something that I don't want to have to deal with. Firstly, I don't want a product that may deteriorate and be unusable before I've finished it and I don't want to have to keep it in the fridge - that would be a sure fire way for me to forget about using it.
 
Pure Vitamin C is Ascorbic Acid, also called L-ascorbic acid. L-ascorbic acid is the acid form of Vitamin C and is water soluble.
 
 
The Hero Project Vit C-30 Serum contains a substantial 30% Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid which is a stabilised Vitamin C. 30% is one of the highest concentrates to be found in a Vitamin C product, so this really is an incredibly potent product.
As you can see from the first photo, I bought this last Christmas and it lasted me ten months (using 2-3 times a week) without oxidizing or having to be kept in the fridge.
 
Claims:
"Vit C-30™ is jam-packed with a number of benefits for your skin. From its antioxidant protection to skin brightening to anti-wrinkle wizardry, this serum is one to have in your skincare routine. It’s time to take back control of skin ageing and restore clarity, improve skin suppleness, provide overall evenness and a tightening effect to boot."
 
Ingredients:
 
Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid, Hydrocurcumin, Grapefruit Oil, Lemon Oil, Egyptian Geranium Oil
 
Packaging:
An orange glass bottle with glass dropper and plastic squeeze bulb top.
 
Texture, Scent and Application:
A viscous gel type serum that has a gorgeous citrus scent (that would be the grapefruit and lemon oils). I particularly liked the scent and it didn't hurt that it reminded me of fruits that you naturally think of as containing lots of great vitamin C.
I used this in the evening (more on that later), 2 to 3 times a week, avoiding the eye area. I also extended it down onto my neck and upper chest (and sometimes on to the back of my hands too). There's a definite tingle on application, but in this instance, it's a good sign to let you know that it's doing its job!
After application, there is an ever so slight tackiness and oiliness. For this reason, I didn't feel that this sat well under makeup when using it in my morning routine, which is why I stuck to using this at night only.
 
Pros:
I actually chose this product for my best Vitamin C product last year when I was using a deluxe sample which led on to me buying the full size. And I think I'd still agree with this.
I think the best thing about the Hero Project Vit C-30 serum is the really high percentage of Ethylated L-Ascorbic acid packed in.
Whilst the cost of this product (almost £40) is higher than I'd usually aim for,this bottle lasted me for ten months, so it was good value for money.
I think this is one of those products where you could see and feel instantaneous results. The brightening and overall improvement to my skin was evident. You could feel that the tingling sensation upon application was the Vitamin C doing it's stuff.
Harder to pinpoint longer term effectiveness down to one product, but yes, I do feel that this serum really contributed to long-term brightening and skin re-texturing.
 
 Cons:
Not too many of those, but ultimately, the biggest downside for me made me look into repurchasing a different Vitamin C product, and that was that I didn't feel I could use this in my morning routine because it left my skin feeling a bit too oily. This was a huge shame as I would have loved to benefit from the glow in the daytime.
  I also had some problems in the colder months (keeping it in my bathroom) when the Vitamin C would crystallise in the formula. Sometimes, a good shake would rectify this but at other times I would have to place it somewhere warm before using. Apparently, this is totally normal and nothing to worry about, but it is something to take note of.
I didn't have any major pigmentation issues, so I can really comment on it's efficacy at tackling pigmentation.
 
 

Side note:
To look for a Vitamin C ingredient in skincare, look for the word ascorbyl or ascorbate. Common forms of vitamin C in skincare are: Ascorbic Acid (L-Ascorbic Acid); Ascorbyl Palmitate; Sodium Ascorbate; Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate; Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP); Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (THDA) (also denoted Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate); Ascorbyl Glucoside; Ascorbyl Glucosamine and Ascorbyl Methylsilanol Pectinate.

 


Comments

  1. Once i used this and i was amazed, it was really effective and pure natural. Highly recommended. best vitamin c serum for face

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog.

    Also, I recommend you check out the Beautylux. They review the scientific efficacy of different skincare and makeup products. The Vitamin C Serum is best for skin but it does what moisturizers can’t do. It pulls the moisture from the air and keeps your pores open unlike moisturizers that cover your pores to keep the moisture you have on your skin already there. It’s oil free so it will not cause breakouts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review