Skincare Empties - May 2020

Key
WR - Will repurchase or have already repurchased
MR - Might repurchase at a later date.
WNR - Will not repurchase. Either it didn't work for me, I didn't like it, it's too expensive or it had ingredients that didn't suit my skin.


Skincare

* Natura Estonica - Ginseng & Acai Face Tonic (WR)
This is the second bottle of this toner that I've bought and I'd definitely buy it again if I saw it (found it in T.K Maxx both times). It's a lovely, refreshing toner which is gentle enough to use on the eyes. I often use it as a morning cleanser too.

* Meadow Skincare - Hydration Boost Moisturising Balm (WR)
One of my favourite brand discoveries from last year and this moisturising balm was one of my favourite products. Some balms are just too much for the face, but this one is ideal as a last step in your night time routine. Beautifully silky and melty, I could sometimes wear this on top of a facial oil (depending on which oil) for an extra boost of overnight hydration. I always woke up feeling fresh, fully hydrated and with plump skin - never greasy. Will definitely be repurchasing this when my stash depletes further.

* Green Keratin - GK11 Seriously Ageless Face Cream (WNR)
This was an ultra rich face cream, one that I could only use in my night routine or in the depths of winter otherwise it was just a bit too heavy for my skin. 
It was nearing it's expiry date so I did actually use this up as a hand and body cream so as not to waste it. Not for me unfortunately.

* NK Naturals - Spring Botanical Mist (WR)
My favourite of this month's empties. I flew through this as it was just so spectacularly gorgeous. Nicola Kidd has formulated a seasonal skin care range that is pretty much perfection. I'll definitely be buying the Summer mist when it's released. I will be repurposing this bottle as it has a perfect fine mist spray.

* Evering Botanique - Sage Facial Oil (WR)
Another superb facial oil from Evering Botanique. Sage is scented with cypress, lavender and sage. A super lightweight oil that could either be used in morning or evening routines. Absorbs beautifully and so is light enough to wear under makeup but is nourishing enough to be used as an overnight skin-feeding treatment.

* Bielenda - Dr Medica Capillaries Serum (WR)
One of my daily essential products so have already repurchased.
I'm on my umpteenth bottle!
For me this is a perfect product - layers well, brightens my skin and helps reduce redness caused by broken capillaries. It also seems to stop any more broken capillaries from appearing (although won't rid any already present).
Read my review here.

* Meadow Botanical Skincare - Hydration Boost Moisturising Balm (WR)
Absolutely gorgeous golden yellow soft and buttery balm. I loved using this as the last step in my evening routine. This small pot last for ages - I wish everyone made smaller pots - especially for those of us who have a lot of product to get through!
Read my review here.

* Lime & Lilac - Beauty Balm* Gifted (WR)
Lisa sent me this sample of her newest product to test out. This little sample pot really went a long way! I absolutely love balms but most of them I reserve for use on the body, hands, nails and hair as most are too rich for use on the face. The texture of this is very rich with a gorgeous golden yellow colour. However, despite its richness this balm is perfect for use on the face (possibly as it doesn't contain any occlusive waxes).
This is ideal as a luxuriant overnight treatment. The scent is beautiful and relaxing so really helps you to wind down before bed.




Hair/Body Makeup

* Boho Vegan Cosmetics - Private Members Club Whipped Body Butter (WR)
I bought this special limited edition body butter along with it's corresponding body wash late last year. Everything I've tried from Boho Vegan Cosmetics I've absolutely loved and this was no different. One of the longest-lasting body butters I've ever tried - keeps my skin soft and moisturised for a good 48 hours plus.
See my review here.

* Bain and Savon - Floral Salt Foot Scrub Bars (MR)
I received these in a Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box.
Firstly, they'd make a lovely gift as they're presented as heart shaped mini scrub bars in a tin.
They're an ideal hand-size and one bar does both feet. Very effective with oils that moisturise and soften your feet after the scrubbing's done. 

* Pure Potions (Now Balmonds) - Skin Salvation (WNR)
I heard so many good things about this intensive moisturising ointment, especially for it's use to relieve eczema. I bought it to tackle a particularly stubborn patch of eczema on my wrist. Although it kept that area from drying out, cracking and becoming painful, it never quite cleared the dry patch up or made too much of a difference. I've tried other balms that are more successful for me personally, so I shall be sticking with them.

* Neals Yard Remedies - Wild Rose Beauty Balm (MR)
I used this mostly for dry skin patches, cuticles, nails and hands. I felt that this was a bit too perfumed for use on my face (and I have other balms better suited for that). Strongly perfumed but a nice scent so I wasn't unhappy with that. A small pot lasts a long time, even though I would use this several times a day.


* Evering Botanique - Bourbon Body Oil (MR)
Gorgeous ylang ylang, citrus and neroli scented body oil with just the right slip for use on damp skin after the shower. Because it was a travel size, I used this up quite quickly so wasn't able to get a feel for its long term use. But what I tried I enjoyed a lot.

* Divine and Handmade - Hazelnut Oil (WNR)
A lovely multi-use oil which I used mainly on my hair and body. It's quite a dry oil so was ideal for these uses, but a bit too strong for facial use. Only not repurchasing as I have too many oils in my hoard already!

* Innisfree - No Sebum Mineral Powder (WR)
I very rarely use face powder but the No Sebum mineral powder would be my first choice. Although the powder is white it doesn't look white on the skin or make me look any paler. This is ideal for just 'blotting' the skin and as a setting powder without adding a cakey, powdery layer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review