Pixi - Vitamin C Tonic Review

Pixi - Vitamin C Tonic

What is it?
An exfoliating toner containing Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid. Vitamin C has potent antioxidant power, promotes healthy collagen production and is known to boost skin luminosity. Probiotics help fortify skin’s barrier while willow bark & fruit extracts gently exfoliate. 
Alcohol free and suitable for all skin types.

Ingredients
Aqua/Water/Eau, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbic Acid, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta-Carotene, Ferulic Acid, Tocopherol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Microcitrus Australis Fruit Extract, Microcitrus Australasica Fruit Extract, Citrus Glauca Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Citrus Junos Peel Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Phospholipids, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide.


Scent and Texture:
Watery toner consistency. Slightly yellow tinge to it. Lemon/Citrus scent. Although the ingredients notes a lot of citrus fruit extracts, the scent did seem slightly artificial or synthetic.

Application:
Use daily after cleansing. Saturate a cotton pad and apply to face and neck, avoiding the eye area.



Thoughts:
Every single time that Pixi release new skincare (which recently has been quite a lot of exciting new products) I get uber excited about wanting to try them out.
And every single time that I try them out, I'm left feeling a bit deflated!

I'm very likely in the minority here but I find most Pixi skincare products a bit underwhelming.

The last Pixi tonic I couldn't wait to try was the Retinol tonic. It was just okay. I didn't feel the need to rush out and buy it again after I finished it up. Although it has been my favourite of their tonics so far. 
I reviewed it here if you want to know my thoughts on that.

But what about the Vitamin C Tonic?

I'm not sure how high the Vitamin C content is in the tonic as it's not noted anywhere. Ascorbic Acid is listed sixth in the ingredients. But it doesn't feel particularly potent, there was maybe a very slight tingling on application. I used this pretty consistently, although not twice a day as suggested. But I feel like I used it regularly enough that I should have noticed some, any, results. But sadly, I can't report that I noticed any positive changes or beneficial results whatsoever whilst using this. If I had to say one thing about it, it would be that it was a basic, slightly astringent toner. 
The only adjective I can really muster up is passable and passable doesn't really cut it in the enthusiasm stakes, does it?

I expected to notice skin brightening results, if not immediately then over the duration of using this consistently. But sadly no. I'm going to just have to concede that this wasn't for me.

Maybe it's just not going to give me the results I hoped for because other products in my routine do a better and more obvious job of delivering the glow and therefore jump the queue for result notice-ability.
I'd love to hear if you had better success with this than I did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review