June 2019 Monthly Favourites


Despite June being pretty much a no-buy month for me, I still managed to pick up some firm new favourites  thanks to some beauty box contents, competition wins and one cheeky little impulse purchase!

Jorgobe - Hydrating Glow Serum

From May's Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box, this hydrating serum was my favourite from the box and possibly one of my favourite serums of all time!
I'm loving everything about this antioxidant serum from its stunning rose gold colour to the surprising but delicious Rosemary and Mint scent.
My skin doesn't take to oil-based serums so well in the warmer months as they tend to make my combination skin veer more towards the oily side. Despite this, this is a fast-absorbing dry oil and if I don't feel like I can wear it on it's own in the summer, then I'll just add a drop or two to my day moisturiser to ensure I'm still getting my daily fix of this miracle serum.


The Butterbar Skincare - Glow-ry Antioxidant Serum

I was delighted to have won this serum in a giveaway a while ago. The Butterbar Skincare are a Texan brand and for us UK skincare lovers, is only available online from the U.S.
I'm as in love with this serum as much as the Jorgobe serum, so I use the Jorgobe serum in the day and the Glow-ry serum as an overnight treatment.
The serum contains Tsubaki Oil ( aka Camellia oil) - high in oleic acid and packed full of Vitamins A,B,D and E, the molecular weight of the oil is an almost identical match for skin, allowing it to absorb quickly and thoroughly. Camellia oil has more naturally-occurring antioxidants than almost any other botanically derived oil. Rooibos Tea - the antioxidants in rooibos limit free radicals, which can decrease the activity of the immune system and further the aging process. It boasts a high level of flavonoids and has several antioxidants not found in other types of tea. Zinc and alpha‐hydroxy acid levels in rooibos promote healthy skin.
Watermelon Seed Oil- The unsaturated fatty acids in watermelon seeds maintain the skin's moisture, soft, firm, well-toned and prevent acne and other skin disorders. I have a few products which contains Watermelon Seed oil and I know my skin absolutely loves it!
Jackfruit Extract-  is an excellent source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. The Jackfruit extract is the glow-giver, it's properties work brilliantly together to maintain a soft, smooth and radiant skin.
The Butterbar Skincare claim that Glow-ry will: Improve skin's glow after one use; reduce fine lines and wrinkles; reverses skin cell damage caused by free-radicals and increase skin elasticity.
I'll be back with a review for this after I've been using it for a longer period.



Farryn Amber - Scented Soy Candles

What a fabulous giveaway win this was! 
I've tried and loved Farryn Amber skincare (see a mini review of the Rose Facial Mask here) but had yet to try one of their scented Soy candles. So to get the chance to try six of them was just amazing! I received two Coconut, two Cedarwood, one Lemongrass and one Watermelon candles. These are pure luxury. Double-wicked, with just the right amount of scent, long-lasting and even-burning. These should keep my living room smelling sweetly for a while to come. And they look super stylish in their solid glass jars too.

The Sign Tribe - Remove and Chill Nail Polish Eraser Paste

I picked this as one of the choices from the May Latest in Beauty monthly edit out of curiosity and was very pleasantly surprised at how fab this product was.
Acetone-free, the formulation is infused with an oil complex enriched with macadamia, almond, argan and vitamin E so is much more gentle on the nails and also smells gorgeous.
It's so easy to use and whilst on the slightly messier side compared with a liquid nail polish remover, the results are absolutely worth a little bit of extra effort. It's a little on the expensive side considering I'd usually spend just a couple of quid on nail polish remover, but again, the cost is worth it for these type of results.
The Sign Tribe is an American brand, but you can buy this online from Beauty Mart which is a UK site.



Pure Anada - Petal Perfect Lipstick in 'Tigerlily'

I was supposed to be on a no-buy for lipsticks this year, BUT after having the chance to play around with some Pure Anada lipstick samples from Live in the Light, I couldn't resist buying a full size in the shade 'Tigerlily'. Not only is the lipstick a monthly favourite but so is the site Live in the Light - they stock some amazing products from brands not widely available in the UK, plus they have some great samples so you can try out new brands and products first.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review