Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box March 2019

Spring has officially Sprung!
And to celebrate the most uplifting of all the seasons, the theme for the March Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is 'Awaken'.
 

 
 The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol, Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £28.00 (Month to Month) BUY HERE
You can also subscribe by 3 Month Pre-pay for £78.00 or opt for the Vegan Friendly Box (also £28 on a Month to Month basis).
 
Let's take a closer look at what's inside this month's box:

 
This month featured an exciting and eclectic selection of products - four full size and one generous travel sized. Including hair-care, skincare, bathing and shower products.
 
 
Skin Alchemists - The Humble Warrior Complete Cleansing Oil
 
This was this month's 'sneak peak' product so I was already sold and as excited (as usual!) for this month's box after seeing this. This product alone is worth a whopping £50. It's an incredibly sexy looking product with it's weighty black glass bottle and gilt labelling and that's even before checking out the ingredients and the performance!
 The first time I tried this I was completely blown away! Honestly, there could have been a choir singing and harps playing in my bathroom as I applied this to my skin (after inhaling the scent deeply for three times as directed!). My skin actually tingled in pleasure as I massaged this in - it's that good! It has the most amazing slip - not because it's super oily, in fact it felt like quite a dry oil compared to other oil cleansers, but it's velvety and smooth and just begs to be massaged into your skin for just that little bit longer. Without doubt - the absolute star of this month's box for me.
 

 
Unearthd - The Mane Attraction Organic Hair Serum
 
Another full size product, from a brand who I'd heard of but haven't previously checked out. I'll put my hand up and admit that I'm pretty basic when it comes to hair care - shampoo, conditioner, hair oil and the very rare hair mask has been the limit so far. I also don't really ever style my hair, or even blow dry it for that matter. But I have very long, thick, colour-treated hair so quite honestly, I should definitely be paying it a lot more attention!
So when I first saw this product I did think 'hmm - a hair serum, I don't use hair serum'. Why not? Because I'm lazy! So despite my initial reticence, the idea of actually showing my crowning glory a little bit more love is actually rather appealing to me.
I've popped this into my swim bag, since I wash my hair more at the pool than I do at home. I used this for the first time whilst my hair was still wet and uncombed after showering. It made quick work of untangling my nest and didn't feel like it was too heavy in my hair.
But the real test for me after using a leave-in product is after my hair is dry (I let it air dry). I think some of my reluctance in not trying extra hair products is that some can leave my hair feeling 'crispy'. I'm happy to report that this doesn't leave my hair crispy or heavy so I'm looking forward to see what continued and consistent use of the hair serum does for the condition of my hair. 

 
Bespoke Aroma - Uplifting Bath Tea Infusion
 
I've tried several products from Bespoke Aroma and have loved everything I've tried so far.
I was very happy to see the inclusion of this bath tea infusion, and even happier to smell it! Scented with lemon and peppermint - it's a combination that I wouldn't necessarily imagine traditionally being paired together but actually, it's a match made in heaven.
I shall be saving this for a special pampering Mother's Day bath that I'm already looking forward to! The infusion has some stellar soothing ingredients - Rosemary leaves are a natural neuro-tonic which helps with fatigue, anxiety and stress. Dead Sea Salts to increase skin circulation, balance moisture and ease stiff muscles. Peppermint Essential Oil is a neuro-tonic which helps with mental fatigue, poor memory and concentration and Grapefruit Essential Oil which is a mood enhancer as well as helping with muscle fatigue and stiffness.
After submerging the bag under running water, you can also use this like a sponge directly on your skin to benefit further from all the goodness inside.

 
The Base Body Co - Coffee & Peppermint Body Scrub
 
The thing is, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with coffee scrubs. I absolutely love using them for a good circulation-booster and skin exfoliator in the shower BUT I do get slightly grouchy with the mess they leave behind.
On a positive note, the promise of the scent of coffee and peppermint together is swaying me more towards Team Love. Added to that, the inclusion of Green Coffee Oil, Coconut Oil and Jojoba makes me look forward even more to trying this out. I'll just have to bite my lip come cleaning up afterwards!!

 
Kushboo Soaps - Verbena and Turmeric Soap
 
From a brand I'd never heard of before, this Kushboo soap's scent wafted up out of the box as soon as I opened it! I'm not familiar with Verbena but it's a fabulous scent.
This couldn't have arrived at a better time as we'd run out of a nice natural hand soap for the bathroom and in an emergency I just picked up a generic one from the supermarket. After consistently using natural hand soaps for a long time now, I was a bit depressed by the supermarket soap - it had an artificial scent and was so drying.
My husband immediately went to yoink this out of the box and replace our sad soap with it ... 'Wait! I have to photograph it first!' I yelled, snatching it back.
 Sometimes I think my family humour me with my skincare/bodycare obsession, but it's clear that they can also appreciate the difference in the natural products that are shared in this household.

 
Another fantastically curated box from Paula (thank you Paula - I LOVE you!) with so many brilliant products and brands. I'm particularly appreciating the mix this month as I can be guilty of being a bit too set in my ways with trying different types of products (hair-care stash - I'm looking at you!) so these products will encourage me to be a bit more adventurous.
 
If you want to see how fabulous a year's worth of Skin Organics Clean Beauty Boxes look, head over to the beautiful Sandra at Beauty Balm Blog - she's written an amazing post detailing a year's worth of boxes. You'll see just how consistently fabulous the Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is.
 
 
Just as an aside, but on the theme of 'Awaken', I saw a post on Twitter which really resonated with me the other day. It was explaining  the term 'Vernation' which is the formation of new leaves in springtime and also describes the arrangement of leaves in a bud before it opens.
 
 
Look at that! Doesn't it just fit the theme of 'Awaken' so perfectly?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review