Objects of Desire ~ January 2019

Following on from my post in December about a few of our amazing home-grown skincare brands, I thought I'd make it a regular feature. There are so, so many more brands that I'd love to try or have tried some products and been excited by them enough to want to try more!

Lime & Lilac  
 
 
Shop HERE
 
I'm guessing that I've made it pretty obvious by now how much I love my Lime & Lilac Light Facial Oil (see my recent review HERE)! It was one of, if not the top, stand-out products for me in 2018. Lisa/Lime & Lilac has so far put all of her dedication into a capsule collection of products (The Light Facial Oil and the Vespa and Capri Body Oils). But she recently announced that she had been working on introducing a new product to her range - an Emulsifying Cleansing Oil with Mandarin & Neroli. Whoop Whoop! I've seen some videos of her cleansing oil in action and it looks as superb as her other products. When water is added, it turns into a very delectable looking silky milk on the skin. Very excited for this to be released into the general population!

Casa Mencarelli

Picture taken from Casa Mencarelli website.

Shop HERE

I first came across this brand after receiving some Sicilia Green Clay and Lemon Mask in a Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box and have yet to try anything else from the brand. But I've been so tempted after seeing some beautiful photos on Instagram of others enjoying their products. At the top of my wish list is the Crema di Pomodoro - Nourishing Tomato Night Cream and Cleanser. With a natural aroma of sweet tomatoes and carrot (oh yum!!), this cream is rich in anti‐oxidants, essential fatty acids, vitamins and carotenes, lycopene and phytosterols. I'm always hugely drawn to yellow/orange products - maybe it's because it's my favourite colour for happiness, but maybe also because the ingredients that produce these happy, bright colours naturally are all so amazing for my skin. This cream is £15 for 15ml or £45 for 60ml. The second 'Object of Desire' has to be the equally happy yellow Bellissima Balm, which is a balm containing one of my favourite ingredients, Sea Buckthorn. The balm is also packed with anti-oxidants like Beta Carotene and Vitamin E, and essential fatty acids. Again, this costs £15 for 15ml and £45 for 60ml.

Belenos Skin Botanique

 
Shop HERE

Belenos Therapy has to be up there for one of my favourite brand for body care products. Hugely affordable, with super-sized products and a huge range to choose from. I particularly love their Feng Shui Love and Floral Brew Ranges.
They've recently released some exciting new products, which I can't wait to buy and try them out. The Floral Body Nectar (£10) is on my list for when I've finished up my Feng Shui Body Oil. It contains a blend of Rosehip Seed Oil, Calendula and Marula Oil and is scented with May Chang and Ylang Ylang essential oils.
Another recent release is the very delicious sounding Body Melt Balm (£10 for 120ml) which is a balm to oil body potion containing Raspberry Seed Oil, Watermelon Seed Oil and Buruti Oil and is fragranced with Jasmine, Patchouli and Pimento Berry.
And finally, a soon-to-be released product, the Matcha Tea Soak - this is something that I'm really looking forward to trying when it's available.

Help Me Organics

 

Another Skin Organics Beauty Box discovery brand, I received and enjoyed over the festive period was the 'Help Me Get Into The Festive Spirit' candle.
Help Me Organics are a family-run business based in Cheshire. All of their products are handmade, organic, cruelty free and 100% Vegan.
They sell a range of candles, room sprays, aromatherapy blends and massage oils.
I absolutely love the names of their products! They have a natural solution for all of those negative, stressful, irritating problems in life and the range names reflect different moods in a playful and humorous way - Help Me feel fresh as a daisy; Help Me have a mindful of calm; Help Me, apparently I need to chill out; Help Me I'm feeling under the weather; Help Me, it's way past my bedtime and Help Me, they say exercise is good for you.
Quite frankly, my household could do with the entire range - as an aromatherapy first aid kit! But since I'm at that stage where the peri-menopause seems to lurking menacingly at my door, my Object(s) of desire would be the entire Help Me, apparently I need to chill out range!
A 10ml blend costs £11.00, A Candle costs £11.00 (150g), The massage Oil costs £14.00 for 40ml and the Room Spray costs £8.00 for 40ml.

Lucky Cloud
 
 
Shop HERE 
 
Everything I've encountered from Lucky Cloud has been joyful - from their beautiful eco packaging and presentation, to the ease of ordering from their website and definitely for the product itself. I picked up some of their Super Balm at the end of last year. Again, it's a bright yellow balm so I was drawn to that immediately! This balm has so many uses - as a makeup remover; to soothe an itchy scalp; as an eyelash growth serum; for an after sun treatment; for nails and cuticles; to soothe irritated skin and for any and all rough and dry patches.
Lucky Cloud are a luxury, botanical skincare brand from Edinburgh. There products are 100% vegan and cruelty free. They have a lovely range of skincare, body care and candles. And as a bonus, they offer mini sizes too.  I think my object (s) of desire have to be the cleansing balms. Don't ask me to choose! They have two - The Balancing Cleansing Balm, for oily, combination and acne prone skin with green clay and organic Jojoba oil, which is scented with lavender, bergamot and frankincense. And the Nourishing Cleansing Balm, suitable for all skin types, with organic Jojoba and Macadamia Nut Oils which is scented with Neroli, Geranium and Sandalwood. These balms cost £21.00 for 60ml and £8.00 for 15ml.


* Links are not affiliated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review