Weekly Makeup Bag #47

 
I managed to get through Black Friday without succumbing to too many deals. I didn't buy any makeup and made sure I only took up offers from brands who were already on my skincare wish list.
I very almost bought a Jouer 'Skinny Dip' highlighter as Cult Beauty were offering 30% off - but by the time I stopped dithering and decided to purchase, the deal had ended. I think this was probably a good thing in the end - it would have purely been an impulse buy and not something that I'd been thinking of buying previously.
 
I de-cluttered a couple of items this week  - The Ordinary Colours Foundation and the Model Co concealer. They just didn't work well and I don't feel like giving them any extra time to prove themselves - life's too short and there's plenty of others to take their place! I also finally finished off the Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour stick. I really liked this and would consider buying it again some day.


 
* Foundation - L'Oreal True Match in '2N Vanilla' - Here's an example of how a good foundation works without needing a primer!
* Dr Jart - BB Mate Contouring 1,2,3 Kit - Only my second time using this and I still need some time to get the hang of how to best use it. The darker shade is referred to as a bronzer - I tried to use it as a contour but I felt that it didn't work too well for that. I used the corrector as an under eye concealer, and again, not sure it was hugely successful. I've yet to make up my mind about this - but at the moment I feel it's down to user error rather than the product!
* Colour Corrector - Nip + Fab
* Powder - TonyMoly Cats Wink Compact
* Contour - Models Own - This may end up being de-cluttered, it's slightly too orange-brown for my liking.
* Highlighter - Nars 'Reckless'
*Blush - Cargo
* Eyeshadow Palette - Morphe 350 Nature Glow - Last week using this and although I'm happy to start using something else, this one-month-one-palette project wasn't too hard!
* Mascara - Elizabeth Arden - Standing Ovation - I love this mascara - it's the best I own for giving you fluffy looking lashes.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review