November 2018 Favourites


 
Lime and Lilac Light Facial Oil*
15ml £32/30ml £52 - BUY HERE
Not all facial oils are created equal!
 I've always loved using facial oils, and my usage always steps up during the colder months, but I've always felt that performance-wise they can be much of a muchness.
Until now, that is!
Earlier this month, Lisa of Lime & Lilac sent me her eponymous light facial oil to try. After she first released it in April of this year this face oil quickly gained something akin to cult status on Instagram. It was clearly no passing fad as again and again, her oil would appear in so many feeds as part of skincare routine line-ups and self-care selections. I think this speaks volumes about a product - it's all well and good for there to be a flurry of activity when a new product is launched, but often you'll find that the momentum drops quite rapidly. Not so with Lisa's oil.
I'll be writing a full review about this oil after a good testing period has passed but for now, it's my absolute favourite item this month - in fact, I chose it as 'top facial oil' for the #skinemmies2018 - I was that sure about it that quickly!
 
 
 
The Ilex Wood - Dandelion & Rosemary Salve
£8.75 - BUY HERE
 
In my quest to seek out, support and enjoy small batch British Indie skincare brands, I came across The Ilex Wood on Twitter. I immediately fell hard for the sound of their botanical salves. Isn't Salve a fab word? It makes you think of salvation and rescue - which pretty much sums up this lovely soothing balm.
I'd been looking up natural remedies for aching muscles and Rosemary was something that kept cropping up, so this salve was an obvious choice. As for the Dandelion - well, it sounds cute! You may well argue that sounding 'cute' is not really a criteria for buying skincare - tell that to the Koreans though! And also, I personally would allow that on my own list of criteria.
But Dandelion has soothing, skin refining and anti-aging properties. It can also stimulate collagen production and protect against free radical damage. So Dandelion - not just the cutest and sunniest of the garden weeds!

 
Morphe 35O Nature Glow Palette
£23 - BUY HERE
This was a 'slight' impulse buy when Cult Beauty had an offer on Morphe palettes. I'd been eyeing this one up for a while but never took the plunge because I wasn't quite sure about some of the really warm shades.
However, I'm glad I took the chance in the end. Like all Morphe palettes, it's extremely versatile, good quality and wears really well. I've been using this in a 'one-month-one-palette' challenge and I haven't been bored all month!

 
Temple Spa - Repose Aromatherapy Resting Cream
50ml £40 - BUY HERE
 
Ethically Organic - Anti-Aging Facial Oil
15ml £14/30ml £28 - BUY HERE
 
These two are photographed together as they are an absolute power couple of night time skin nourishment!
The Temple Spa Repose Aromatherapy Resting Cream is a beautiful face and neck night cream. It has a glorious blend of hops valerian, chamomile, frankincense, lavender, patchouli, geranium, bitter orange and clary essential oils - all of which are renowned to aid deep relaxation and bring a sense of calm.
This is beautiful enough on it's own but a chance encounter of layering it over the Ethically Organic Anti-Aging Facial Oil really hit the magic spot!
There are two schools of thought regarding where your facial oil comes in an evening routine - before or after moisturiser. I personally prefer to use a facial oil and then a layer of moisturiser or sleeping pack. If a cream is particularly heavy, then I may just add a drop of oil to the moisturiser as a booster. Whatever works well for you is the answer!
I received the Ethically Organic facial oil in the October Skin Organics Beauty Box and really loved it for night-time use - it's deeply nourishing yet light enough not to leave a residue and sinks in really well.
My benchmark for overnight skincare is that I don't wake up with a greasy or laden-feeling face. These two products really feed my skin overnight and I wake up feeling nourished and hydrated with plump fresh skin.
 
 
Ingenious Beauty - Ultimate Collagen +
Travel Pack 45 Capsules £23.99/90 Capsules £42.99 - BUY HERE
 
I'm slightly reticent about supplements as I have this (perhaps erroneous) impression that I'll just have to take their word for it that they're working as effects won't necessarily be visible.
But everyone and their dog seem to be raving about these capsules, so when they appeared as a product available for a Latest in Beauty choice I decided to give them a chance. I'll be writing a review soon about these capsules (plus the Vee Beauty LDN Hair & Scalp Oil) - but here's a spoiler - I think they really do work!!
 
VeeBeauty LDN Hair & Scalp Oil
100ml £18.95 - BUY HERE
 
This was another item received in the October Skin Organics Clean Beauty box. I'm already a fan of Vee Beauty LDN's products but had previously over-looked this thinking that it wasn't a product I'd need or use.
How wrong I was!
This incredible hair and scalp oil has a blend of 12 hair boosting ingredients to help hair growth, nourish the scalp and hair which keeps your hair healthy and strong, diminishes hair loss, clears up dandruff and can also help with itchy scalp problems.
I've been using this regularly (alongside taking the Ingenious Beauty supplements) and the difference in my hair has been PHENOMENOL! In a very short space of time I have noticed that the hair loss after brushing my hair has significantly reduced and my hair looks glossier and is much more manageable. I'll be doing a full review of this very soon.
 
* This product was gifted to me - but this has absolutely no bearing on the inclusion in this post!
Links are NOT affiliated.


Comments

  1. It looks perfect and i will surely use it because nowadays i am very concious about my skin. best organic oils and serums

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review