Weekly Makeup Bag #42

 
I was so ready to put away the Nars Natural Radiant Longwear foundation from last week's bag!! If it had cost several quids cheaper it would have already been de-cluttered, I can tell you! I can see that it's going to be a foundation I end up using in a d.i.y foundation cushion mix because it really is almost impossible to use without patching, caking and sinking into pores on it's own.
I had so much more joy using the Morphe 35T palette. As I suspected, a week wasn't really long enough to fully appreciate this palette, which is why that I've decided I'm going to (in the future) actually try it for a monthly palette. I have four palettes that I think I could bear using for an entire month - the Morphe 35T, The Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette and my two build-your-own Obsession Makeup palettes. I've decided to start for the whole month of November using the two Obsession palettes.

But here's what's in my bag this week:

 
Foundation: Homemade D.I.Y Cushion Foundation - Finally! A shade that actually matches my skin - but only because I jiggled around with my own mixture to create a completely bespoke foundation base. Applying this with an Eco Tools blending sponge - which is, quite frankly, horrific! Even the Primark sponges are better than this - this one stays pretty rock hard even when soaked in water.
* Under Eye Primer: E.L.F - perhaps the most useful product I've bought all year. Waiting for the sale to stock up on several more of these as this can never be missing from my bag!
* Concealer: Ellis Faas - This was much more orange in colour than I remember. I haven't used it for quite some time so maybe it has oxidised? Not sure about this at all, so it may be a potential de-clutter item.
* Powder: MUA Stay Matte Loose Powder
* Contour: Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour Stick (not pictured).
* Highlighter: Sleek - Cleopatra's Kiss Highlighter palette - a mix of cream and powder highlighters in warmer shades than I've been reaching for recently and I'm liking the change.
* Blusher: Annabelle Minerals - in 'Rose' and 'Sunset' - I just picked these up in a Latest in Beauty Box (well - two boxes, I went back for a one-off order) as I'd heard good thigs about Annabelle Minerals. These blushers are quite subtle but are still noticeable and I'm enjoying their delicacy.
* Mascara - Benefit Roller Lash
* Eye Shadow Palettes: W7 - On the Rocks and E.L.F - Everyday Smokey
 
W7 - On the Rocks Palette
 
I've only actually used this palette for one week since buying it earlier this year. So it's been really nice to get acquainted with it again. Costing just £4.99, you might think (as I did) that the quality of this palette would be pretty basic, but actually it's pretty decent!
Yes, there's a degree of fall-out and a couple of the shades can be a bit patchy and need a bit of extra work when applying. But the colours are surprisingly pigmented, blend well and also last the day without slippy-sliding around or ending up collecting around the crease of your eyelid. An undoubted dupe for the Anastasia Subculture palette - I like that the shades in this palette challenge me colour-wise. And I've really enjoyed choosing shades that I wouldn't usually go for, with some pleasing results. This is definitely a keeper.
 
E.L.F - Everyday Smokey Swatches
 
Again, another play-it-safe everyday-colour type of palette. The kind of palette which features heavily in my collection. I'm having far too much fun with the W7 On the Rocks palette but I will endeavour to use this for a couple of days this week. I fact, I have been using the lighter shades in this palette for a base shade as I prefer the ones in this palette over the W7 ones.
 
 
No de-clutters from last week, although the MUA Strobe & Glow compact came close. The powder part was so chalky but the cream strobe part was okay - I shall just ignore the powder. I did finally manage to finish off the Missha Under Eye Brightener though - that's one more product ticked off from my 20/20 Vision Project.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review