Project Use it Up! ~ May

I actually started this project at the beginning of May, where I pulled out six skincare items that I don't use regularly and aim to use them up within the month. I'm allowing myself to de-clutter them if they're really not working for me as I don't believe that you always have to see it out till the bitter end, even if I would prefer to finish rather than throw.
 
So here's what I chose to use up in May:
 

* Skin Food - Watermelon Mask
I bought this because I just love the fresh smell of watermelon. But what I didn't bank on was just how quickly that gorgeous scent could turn sickly sweet when sitting on your skin for ten minutes! This is a wash-off mask with a thick, gel-like consistency. It's meant for soothing your skin, but to be honest, it didn't really do too much so I had put this mask aside with a preference for others.
 
* Holika Holika - Honey Acerola Sleeping Pack
This is one of the first sleeping packs I bought so without knowing any difference, or with no experience of other sleeping masks, I used this quite consistently when I first bought it. But when I tried sleeping masks such as the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack and Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalising Mask which are just so much nicer to use, this mask, again, got pushed to the side. It has the same thick gel-like consistency as the Skin Food Watermelon Mask, which would be great if it was a wash off mask - but not so comfortable to sleep in. It feels pretty sticky and although it does sink in overnight, I don't like the initial sticky, jelly feeling.
 
* Etude House - Baking Soda Cleansing Cream
Such a big pot of product! This was another early buy - before I realised my preference for oils and balms over creams for the first cleanse. It did a good job but I just preferred other cleansers over this and it got pushed to the side after a couple of months use.
 
* The Ordinary - Hyaluronic Acid
After the CEO's outrageously horrible behaviour on Instagram, I have (sadly) decided to replace all of my Ordinary products with similar alternatives. However, this is one product that I wouldn't have repurchased anyway. It works well but is pretty tacky and doesn't absorb well into my skin, making it an uneasy fit in morning or night time routines.
 
* Cosrx  - Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
I recently blogged about this product here. Like The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid, this didn't absorb as well as other essences so I found it hard to incorporate into a daily routine.
 
* Rodial - Stem Cell Cleansing Cream
This started off being one of my favourite products and I was determined to use it sparingly at first. Although a cleansing cream, this could also be used as a mask. So I would use this as a cleansing mask. A lovely product - but it's just one that has been pushed to the side in favour of others.
 
End of the month progress


* Skin Food Water Melon Mask - EMPTY
* Holika Holika Honey Sleeping Pack - De-Cluttered
* Etude House Baking Powder Cleansing Cream - EMPTY
* The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - Bought forward to next month's project
* Cosrx Snail 96 Mucin Essence - Bought forward to next month's project
* Rodial Stem Cell Cleansing Cream - EMPTY
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review