Weekly Make Up Bag #15

 As the weeks go on I've been re-visiting lots of old and over-looked products, which isn't making the most exciting of weekly make up choices (they're over-looked for a reason!) but is helping me to streamline my make up stash.

One of the most exciting inclusions in this week's bag is my D.I.Y Cushion Foundation (you can see a step-by-step guide HERE on how I made it) - because it's given new life to an old foundation that really wasn't working well for me.

 
* Primer (not pictured) - using up some sample sachets of primer this week, including DHC and E.L.F.
 
* Foundation - DIY Cushion Foundation
 
* Under-Eye Concealer (not pictured) - Inglot - still!
 
* Powder - Physician's Formula Glowing Nude Powder - I've been loving this for a quick setting sweep of soft powder. Also using the L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Powder for touch-ups.
 
* Bronzer/Highlighter - Mannakadar duo. This is one of the items that I'm deciding whether to keep or toss this week. The main disadvantage is that it's a tiny sample compact and the split pans are even tinier making it much too cumbersome to get your brushes in to pick up product. Another highlighter on the decision pile is the Models Own Sculpt & Glow Liquid Highlighter in 'Rose Gold'.
 
* Contour (not pictured) - Makeup Revolution Contour Palette - still reaching for this weekly.
 
* Blush - Models Own Rock 'n' Rosy Matte Powder Blusher in 'Warm Almond'.
 
* Setting Spray (not pictured) - E.L.F - Matte Magic Mist & Set.
 
* Eye Shadow Palettes - Sleek Eye & Cheek Palette in 'All Day Soiree'. I like the peach tones in this palette, but they're not very strongly pigmented. Coupled with the crazy amount of fall-out, this palette is not one I'd choose to use on it's own. The eye colours are too weak and I feel like I need to go to another palette to give it a boost.
I Heart Revolution - Surprise 'Rose Gold' Egg - The stronger shades in this egg-shaped compact are definitely needed to add some extra mileage to the Sleek eye shadows.
 
* Eyeliner (not pictured) - Ciate Fierce Flicks - I hadn't actually chosen this for inclusion in the weekly make up bag as I very rarely wear eyeliner. However, I really felt that I needed something else on my eyelids as well as the eye shadows I chose for this week.
 
* Mascara - L'Oreal Paradise Extatic - This is almost used up - I might just get another week's use.
 
* Lipsticks - Kat Von D 'Lolita' and P.S Velvet Matte Crayon.
 
 
 
Keep or Toss?
With some of the items I've been picking out to decide whether to keep or toss, it's been an instant decision. This Model's Own liquid highlighter is going to be a toss after first re-try - it's too much of an orange gold and seems to be hesitant whether it's a bronzer/contour or highlighter! The Sleek palette has some cute spring colours but they're a little insipid pigmentation-wise and there's so much fall-out! But, like last week's Essence Eye & Face palette, I really like the blush. I need to get a Z Palette and start de-potting things!
 

Thoughts on last week's bag: 
 
  
These were the two items that I wanted to decide whether or not to keep.
I'm not sure if I ever actually wore the I Heart Makeup Unicorn highlighter, but if I did, what was I thinking?! This got de-cluttered immediately.
As for the Essence palette, I was torn with this. The blusher has ended up being one of the loveliest I've ever used and I just wish it weren't connected physically to the other pans in this palette or I would have de-potted it and tossed the rest! The highlighter was surprisingly powerful, maybe even a bit too intense, but I'd be happy to keep that around too. The eye shadow pans let his palette down. They were all shimmer so it wasn't easy to get a simple everyday look. The pink and brown were the best shades, but I would have preferred that one (or even both) of these were matte. Keeping for the time being - mainly for the blush.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review