Revolution Pro - Trends Celestial Palette

When I first saw photos of this palette I didn't really stop to think if it contained colours that I'd actually use - I was just so smitten with these amazing cosmic marbled shimmers that I knew I had to own it!
It also doesn't hurt that it's a Revolution palette, costs just £8.00 - plus Superdrug are still running their 3 for 2 on all make-up! Bonus!
 

 
These colours are so far out of my comfort zone (don't forget I'm a lady of a good few years!) that I started to think, did I really just buy this because it looks so pretty?
 
 
I do like that this palette is a mix of matte and the marbled shimmers.
 
Let's take a look at how they swatched:
 
Top Row
 
 
Transit: This is perhaps the one colour in the whole palette that I'm actually comfortable with! A silky matte sandy nude.
Stellar: Marbled shimmer. This is a pale 'ballet shoes' shimmery pink.
Parameter: Matte - Another safe nude-sand.
Observe: Marbled shimmer. Highly pigmented Rose Gold shimmer.
Identified: Matte - A rich, deep burnt terracotta orange. The most pigmented of the mattes.
Universe: Marbled shimmer. Light fuschia-pink shimmer. This one feels rather rough in the pan and doesn't seem to apply as well as the others.
 
Middle Row
 
 
Star: Marbled shimmer - pale shimmery lilac. Again, like Universe, this feels more rough and not as highly pigmented.
Mars: Marbled Shimmer - Pretty similar to 'Observe' - maybe a slightly deeper toned Rose Gold. Not as buttery as Observe though.
Planet: Marbled shimmer - pale green/gold/blue flip.
Eclipse: Marbled shimmer - burgundy-pink shimmer.
System: Marbled shimmer - pale green/grey flip. Pretty similar to Planet.
Earth: Marbled shimmer - pale blue/lilac flip.
 
Bottom Row
 
 
Comet: Marbled Shimmer - Dark pink shimmer. This is not as pigmented as others of the shimmers.
Orbital: Matte - Brick red. I'm loving how strongly pigmented and silk/buttery these mattes are.
Nebula: Marbled shimmer - highly-pigmented and buttery peach-pink shimmer. A surprise favourite for me.
Terrene: Matte - dark brown-red. Again, like the previous mattes, this is really rich and pigmented.
Astronomy: Marbled shimmer - violet purple shimmer. Extremely pigmented and buttery.
Black Hole: Matte - This is perhaps the weakest of the palette. It's not quite a black but muddier than a slate grey. It's also the trickiest to blend well.
 
First Impressions:
This is an absolute play-ground of a palette!
For me personally (and don't forget I am an older, and slightly less adventurous make-up wearer!!) this is just going to be a joy to own, not because I can foresee it being one of my must-have go-to eye shadow palettes, but because it is so fun, frivolous and really pretty to look at!
 
I feel that there are so many different ways you can play around with this palette. And first impressions are that the colours mix well (with the exception of Black Hole), have little to no fall-out, generally have a great colour pay off and last well without creasing.
I think Revolution continue to knock it out of the park with these budget, well-thought out palettes.
 
I can see this being a great 'festival' palette. Not that I'll be wearing it to any - the nearest I'll come to Coachella is the local Summer Fete on the village Green!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review