Weekly Make Up Bag #5

I struggled with last week's palette (Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals) so it felt like a long week just using that palette.
I've made sure I've got lots of old favourites in this week's make up bag to make up for a bit of a skimpy week last week!
 

 
Foundation - New/Fave - Lumene Instant Glow Beauty Serum - this has very quickly become my favourite light coverage foundation. It really does manage to make you look very fresh faced, with a radiant Arctic glow, despite it's low cover. However, my skin isn't at it's best at the moment so I have added in a sample foundation with a bit more coverage or when I'm feeling I need a bit more (like this morning!).
 
Concealer - Hardly Used - Model Co - Instant Radiance - I got this in a beauty subscription box a while ago and after trying it out when I first got it, I haven't really reached for it since. It's one of those 'click' sticks where you turn and click for the product to be released into the brush end of the pen. This is a good light shade for me but it is quite thick - despite that it does a good job under my eyes and although there is some settling into my fine lines, it's not too drastic.
 
Under-Eye Setting Powder - Hardly Used - E.L.F - I forgot I had this! In the same way I don't tend to use powder daily because it can exaggerate lines on my skin, I'm thinking I forgot about this because I didn't want to exaggerate lines under my eyes by using powder. But this is not too bad actually and I like that it slightly brightens too. I also sweep it over my eyelids before putting on eye shadow.
 
Powder - Old/Hardly Used - Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder - This is quite a cult classic and for good reason. It does a fantastic job of keeping the oil away on your t-zone. However, this hasn't been as much of an issue for me in the past few months as it once was, so I just haven't been reaching for it. Day one - and I must admit that I'm slightly missing the TonyMoly Cat's Wink powder compact that has been featured in my weekly make up bag since I first had the idea. This powder has a plastic 'sieve' top but very little powder actually comes out onto the powder puff. I might do some investigating to see if I can alter this so I get more product.
 
Highlighter - New/Fave - Lumene Invisible Instant Illuminizer - This came as part of a set with the Lumene Glow Serum and it also became my favourite highlighter very quickly. It's a delicate pink pearly sheen in liquid form which is really easy to apply and just makes you look fresh and radiant.
 
Blusher - Fave - Nars Orgasm - It's so easy to see why this is such an iconic blusher! I normally wouldn't choose a pink blusher but this shade (with it's delicate gold sheen) just works. Will forever re-purchase this!
 
Contour - Old/Hardly Used - Model Co - Contour Stick - Yet another Model Co product from a beauty subscription box (I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere else!). When you first see the orange colour of this contour stick you just think "No Way!" but it works surprisingly well without leaving you with obvious orange smears on your face. It's not my first choice, but I'm happy to try and use it up.
 
Mascara - New - Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara - I've been pretty impressed with everything I've ever tried from Essence. It's sometimes easy to be dubious about a product when it's almost too cheap! This mascara was only £2.80 and there's something hard-wired into me that cheap = won't work. But I think Essence prove that equation to be generally wrong! First use this morning - nice and black and gives volume but is slightly clumpy. I have yet to see whether there will be any fall-out or smudging under my eyes but so far, my first impression is okay.
 
Eye shadow palette - Fave - Urban Decay - Naked Heat - A classic case of FOMO but this is such a gorgeous palette with lots of easy-to-wear shades and some slightly challenging shades, but I pretty much lovely every colour in the palette.
 
Lipsticks - Fave -L'Oreal/Balmain in 'Fever' - I hunted high and low last summer to find somewhere where this shade wasn't sold out. It's such a gorgeous Autumnal burnt orange-brown - quite a step away from the colours I would usually pick but I love it! Fave - L'Oreal - 001 Silencio - Love the colour but absolutely detest the packaging. Even when brand new this lipstick felt old and used up. It has a sponge tip applicator which collects the powdery lipstick from a very small reservoir in the in the base. The application is difficult and it's not at all long-lasting, but I love the colour! Kiko Milano - New - Arctic Holiday Holographic Lip Balm - Icy white with a purple/blue holographic flip - this works well on it's own as a balm or underneath lipstick or as a topper. Wearing under my woefully-performing L'Oreal in Silencio gives it a bit of a boost.
 
 
Pan-Watch
 
I had a bit of a disaster when my Naked Heat palette got knocked of the side - my favourite pan 'Ember' shattered quite badly. I don't know whether to tip out the loose powder or go o You Tube to figure out how people re-formulate their pans?
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review