Unboxing ~ Latest in Beauty November 2017

It really doesn't pay to procrastinate with your Latest in Beauty order!
Every single day I check out Latest in Beauty's 'Product of the Day' - and when I feel like there's a perfect collection, I'll make an order.
 
However... I dithered too long with the last lot of products and by the time I decided to order, most of the products I had my eye on had gone! They'd also run out of stock of my beloved 111 Skin sheet masks and the Oskia Renaissance mask!
 
But it really doesn't take long for a whole new load of lovely choices to open up and so at the beginning of the month, I made my choice and had a stern word with myself to stop bloody umming and aahhing!
 
This month I opted for the 'Beauty Enthusiast' subscription - which is 6 items for £15.00 per month (includes P+P). You can also choose 3 items ( 'The Beauty Novice') for £9.00 per month (includes p+p) or 9 items for £18.00 per month (includes p+p).
 
Subscribe HERE.
 
 
I knew what I'd chosen so there are no great surprises, but look at this lovely, cheery box - such gorgeous presentation always makes it feel exciting to open up and see what's inside.
 
 
Hang on a minute! This has instantly thrown me! I didn't choose this Dr Botanics Tropical Invigorating Cream Duo Moisturiser - it's not even one of the choices! This is a full-size product. I've recently been sent one to review and I know that this costs almost £40.
What's going on?
 
 
I'm starting to think they've made a mistake and sent me someone else's box - but then I see all the products that I did choose...
 
 
As I'm rifling around in the box, I can see that there's yet MORE nestled under the pink crinkled paper!
A Latest in Beauty make up bag plus some more samples. I'm feeling excited and guilty in equal measure as I must have accidentally stumbled across some kind of loop-hole. I temporarily put my subscription on hold after my last box and re-activated it with this order. They must have thought I was a new customer (hence the full size product and the make up bag) even though all my details were already on their system - just waiting to be activated.
It's a lovely bonus - today of all days when I'm in a bit of a bad mood as my car is in the garage having a very expensive Timing belt and two new tyres put on.

 
Omorovicza - Queen of Hungary Mist 30ml £15.00
This choice was an absolute no-brainer for me and the item that made me get my arse in gear and make an order - pronto!
However, I was very nicely surprised that this deluxe travel size of 30ml is as luxuriously packaged as the full size. In a hefty frosted glass bottle with metal spray lid, this is one of those products that sings out luxury and pampering.
The Queen of Hungary mist has the most delicious neroli and rose scent and whilst it can be used as a post-cleanse toner, I think I would mainly use this as a pick-me-up mist during the day. It has a fine mist and even distribution so wears well over make-up, giving your face a refreshed, hydrated illumination.


Aurelia Probiotic Skincare - Miracle Cleanser and Mini Muslin Cloth
30ml Value -£10.50

I've yet to try this out on my face (as I have far too many cleansers already opened) but I did have a quick test on the back of my hand to get an idea of the scent. This cleanser has Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Bergamot in the ingredients which actually sounds nicer than it smells! The Eucalyptus is slightly overpowering and the cleanser does smell a bit like a vapo rub! However, I imagine that this may feel quite refreshing on the skin, so I am looking forward to trying this.

 
Tropic - Super Greens Nutrient Boost Serum
5ml Value - £7.00
 
I chose this because I'm interested in the power of greens in skincare ingredients. This serum includes Chlorophyll, kale, maca root, green coffee and tamanu oil. Whilst most of my first impressions begin with the scent of a product, I might as well wade in on my thoughts about that first! The scent is very green! It really reminds me of celery (which I'm not a fan of) but that actually isn't mentioned in the ingredients. But I'm a grown up and I eat my greens so I need to be grown up and wear them too!
 
 
I just assumed that because this is called a serum that it would be a light viscous texture but it's more of a facial oil. The scent is quite heavy when you apply it - I've got to be honest, the scent is a little hard to handle. It reminds me of when I was a child and my mum would take me in Health Food shops - I absolutely used to detest the smell of health food shops and would be such a dramatic little madam, following behind her in the shop, over-dramatically holding my breath, flapping my hands and moaning like I was about to pass out. I managed to try this out without any of the above histrionics, but - I couldn't prevent my nose from curling. I'm realising that the scent of a product is actually quite a big deal for me.
 

L'Occitane  - Roses et Reines Hand & Nail Cream
10ml Value - £2.00

I make no apologies for loving the scent of rose and mini handbag-sized hand creams, so this was another no-brainer for me. Apparently, this includes extracts of roses from Grasse, Bulgaria, Morocco, Turkey and a unique rose extract from Haute - Provence. So I think that's enough rosiness to keep me suitably impressed and satisfied!

 
Philip Kingsley - Swimcap
50ml Value - £10
 
This came just in time as I've just run out of my previous deluxe sample size of this pre-swim barrier cream. I use this three times a week when I go swimming and absolutely love the stuff!
 
 
Neal's Yard Remedies - Wild Rose Beauty Balm
15g Value - £12.00

This is another back-up item for me as I already own and love this multi-purpose beauty balm. Okay - I have to say it - it's rose scented! Yay! Etc, etc...
I use this on dry skin, lips, around my nose when it's all dry when I've got a cold, on my nails and cuticles and if I get dry and sore patches on my face. What I didn't realise though, is it could also be used as a cleansing balm, as an intense moisture boost or as a balancing facial mask.

So that's it for my choices. What about all the extras?


Dr Botanicals - Tropical Invigorating Cream Duo Moisturiser
Full size 50ml Value - £39.90

So I'm guessing this was my undeserved 'new member' gift. As previously mentioned, I recently received one of these as a review item (review to follow soon) so I will be doing the right thing and gifting this on to someone else who will benefit from it.
But just look at that gorgeous packaging!


* Latest in Beauty Make up bag
* Sample of Philosophy Amazing Grace fragrance
* Sample of Regenerate Enamel Science toothpaste
* Sample of Urban Veda Daily Radiance Facial Wash

So another great selection of products from Latest in Beauty. Actual Cost £15.00 - value of products was £96.40!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review