Christophe Robin Cleansing Volumizing Paste Review

I'm a bit of a creature of habit with hair care products.  I'll also usually pick whatever is on special at the time from a high street chemists, maybe waiting to pick up my usual favourite when it is on offer.
The only time I try something special for my hair is when it comes in a beauty subscription box.
The Christophe Robin cleansing volumizing paste with pure Rassoul clay and rose extracts came is one of those items I received in a previous beauty box. 
 


Christophe Robin Cleansing Volumizing Paste
Full size and price is £42.50 for 250ml. (Buy HERE)
 
It's taken me a while but I have finally come to realise that there are your everyday functional items which do the job quick and efficiently and don't cost the earth. And then there are those products that are a real tactile and sensual experience - you know, the whole pampering, spa-at-home deal that generally does cost the earth!
This hair treatment definitely comes in the latter bracket and I'm fully appreciative of the difference between these two types of experience and I want as many of those full-on experiences as I can get!
 
What I'm dealing with...
My hair is very long, very thick and colour-treated. I get dry ends and it's prone to greasiness at the roots. So with that written in black and white - I can see that I really should be concentrating more on hair products that can deal with that type of hair.
 
Scent and Texture
The gorgeous rose scent is the first thing that strikes me about this hair treatment. Firstly, it's rose, which as I'm sure you've heard me harping on about before, is my absolute favourite scent in a product.
The paste is quite a thick, almost solid paste which is slightly grainy in texture. It emulsifies quickly and easily when rubbed into the scalp and hair.
 
 
Application
Scoop up a big glob of the paste and start rubbing into your scalp first. The slight grainy texture is a fabulous scalp rub, very soothing and invigorating at the same time. The paste does emulsify into a generous foam as soon as you start massaging and the beautiful rose scent wafts up making it an altogether very satisfying hair wash.
I did feel like I needed to scoop up a little more paste to make sure that I got right down to the ends of my hair.
 
 
Thoughts
 
Firstly, and most importantly, this cleansing volumizing paste is intended for fine hair. Absolutely my opposite hair type. And for that reason, I don't think this review can be entirely fair as it wasn't tested on the recommended hair type.
I needed a lot of the paste to cover my hair. And whilst I really enjoyed the experience of using this product, it didn't quite get my hair clean enough when used on it's own. I did have to use a second shampoo in order for my hair to feel really clean. But I really believe that if you did have fine hair then this would be your dream shampoo. It's just not suited to my hair type and I could tell. Sadly, not meant for me or right for me but I would certainly give it top marks for a pleasurable experience.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review