Glossier - Skincare Set - First Impressions


Glossier - The Skincare Edit

Glossier is a brand that I wanted to try for so long. I used to bemoan the fact that it wasn't available in the UK and so was delighted to hear that it was going to be available to the UK back in 2018. 
But did I rush and make a order? Nope! For some reason, despite all my whining and impatience, I never did make that long-anticipated first purchase when the brand became available. Other products came into my hands, and Glossier slipped down onto the 'would like to try ... one day' list!

But now - almost two years later, I've finally made my first purchase from Glossier in the form of this skincare set that was offered around Christmas time.


But look at it! What a fantastic introduction to the Glossier skincare range!

The kit arrived in a large recyclable card suitcase which was fastened with a wide pink Glossier elastic band (will have to find a use for this!).

I was also offered the option, during checkout, if I wanted to add the iconic Glossier bubble wrap bag and stickers. I thought it was great that this option was available as it gives the consumer the chance to reduce the amount of excess packaging they receive.
However, what with it being my first ever Glossier order I wanted that bag!
It's a great sized bag for travelling and I'm loving the zip-loc opening.


Milky Jelly Cleanser

This was the product that topped my Glossier wish list. And now finally after trying it I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why it took me so long! 
I've been seeking the Holy Grail of second cleansers for a while now, and the Milky Jelly Cleanser is definitely making a bid for that role.
Such a fabulous silky, milky gel texture with a delicate scent and soothing feel on the skin. There's little to no foam and so this makes for an incredibly gentle, non-drying cleanser.



Future Dew Oil Serum

This is not how I imagined it to be at all!
I was expecting a clear, runny oil-based serum but the texture of this is more like a CC Cream. 
Future Dew is intended to be used as the last step in your skincare routine - after moisturiser and SPF but before foundation.
I wasn't sure about this at all when I first started using it! Although it didn't feel heavy or slick on my skin, I initially couldn't help feeling that it was just one extra layer too far.
But the glow and healthy-looking skin it gives is undeniable and the more I used it, the more I loved it!
For me, this works best when my skin is in great condition and I can wear it with just a dusting of powder over the top instead of a foundation. It doesn't exactly offer any coverage, but it does work like a CC cream - just giving your skin a lustrous and healthy all over glow.


Super Bounce Serum

I've been generally avoiding HA type products in the past few months as I often find that when using a facial oil or oil-based product in the same routine can cause pilling. And if it's a choice between HA and oil, then the HA has to go! 
Instead, I've been using up HA products on my neck and chest, just to keep the skin plumped and hydrated and to try and keep the lines away.
But to give the Super Bounce a fair trial, I have been using it on my face, followed by the Glossier Priming Face Moisturiser. This wouldn't be my usual morning routine at all, so I was interested how my skin would fare with such a departure from what I'd normally do.
As with the Future Dew Serum, I wasn't quite expecting the texture of Super Bounce. It's thicker than a lot of hydrating serums and is a milky colour. It feels more like a lotion than your usual serum.
But to my relief, it feels very light on the skin, absorbing well and feeling soothing and cooling. There's no tacky residue either, which is a bonus. 


The Balm Dot Com lip balms have been raved about so consistently that I was looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about.
I need to hold my hand up and admit that I'm not a lip balm-aholic. I only really have one on the go at any one time and often forget to use them, so it's not like I'm a mega fan to start with.
So these tiny sizes suit me just fine!



Rich Priming Moisturizer

This was the product that I was least interested in trying. And once I opened it and felt the uber-rich creamy texture, it justified my initial fears.
My skin really doesn't handle really rich creams - maybe as an overnight mask at a stretch, but even then, it's a product I usually steer away from.
But again, to give it a chance, I did incorporate this into my morning routine.
Unfortunately, this was not suitable for my skin type at all! I have a combination-oily skin type and as I thought, this was just far too heavy for me. It made my skin much oilier throughout the day and just felt like it was sitting on top of my skin.

Thoughts ?

A fabulous introduction to Glossier skincare. As with most sets, there's generally a couple of products that you might not have picked for yourself - although sometimes you find a surprise winner.
Without doubt, my favourite product was the Milky Jelly Cleanser and that's something I shall definitely be repurchasing. The Future Dew Serum was also a pleasant surprise for me. I initially thought that I wouldn't have much use for it. But it's actually been a real joy to use and again, something I'd probably repurchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review