Ffern - Spring '20 Organic Natural Perfume


Ffern - Spring 20

Who?

Ffern are a small batch, artisanal, natural perfumiers who produce just four blends a year based on the seasonal equinoxes and solstices.

Every batch is strictly limited and when they have all sold out, no more are made. 



Ffern - Spring 20

After quite easily declaring that Ffern Winter 20 is my favourite scent of all time (read my review here) I was intensely excited about receiving my bottle of Ffern Spring 20.


What's in the box?

For £69 per season you receive a limited-run bottle of seasonal natural and organic EDP (32ml) plus a 2ml vial sample which you can try before committing to the full size. These come alongside an information leaflet about the process, the brand and the ingredients. Postage is included in the price.



There's absolutely no mistaking when your Ffern package arrives - they also have the most fabulous packaging. 
As usual, my first experience of Spring 20 comes from the small sample supplied before I decide whether or not to open the main bottle.


First impressions

Ffern Spring 20 (as I had hoped) is an intensely fresh and green scent on first try.
"Seville!" was my first thought. We often visit Seville in Springtime and the initial citrus hit was instantly evocative of sitting in the Sevillian sunshine outside a street cafe.
I'm guessing it's the Galbanum (the resin from Ferula Gummosa root) which gives it this initial unmistakable 'green' smell. This is always a scent I'm happy to see as I know that I love it.
The citrus tang from the Bergamot Rind, Petitgrain and Green Mandarin accompanies the sharp freshness perfectly, rounding the edges with their hint of sweetness.

These fresh green notes last throughout the wear only giving way to a subtle spicy and more resinous scent after dry down.

For me personally, it's always the base notes and dry down stage that I prefer in my scent choices. I like the deeper, spicier settling in period. These notes totally shift the feel of the scent. And I for one am glad for its subtle changes as I think I may have found the sharp green initial notes too loud after a while.
Atlas Cedar provides a warming, smoky spicy scent and the Guaiacwood is also smoky but honey-sweet too.



Ingredients/Notes

Top Notes
Ferula Gummosa Root - From Alborz, Iran.
Bergamot Rind - from Calabria, Italy.
Petitgrain - from Southern Paraguay.
Pink Peppercorn - from Reunion Island.

Mid Notes
Basil Grand Vert - From Nile Valley, Egypt.
Vetiver Root - from Les Cayes, Haiti.
Green Mandarin - from Calabria, Italy.

Base Notes
Atlas Cedar - from the Atlas Moutains, Morocco.
Guaiacwood - from Gran Chaco, Paraguay.
Clary Sage Extract - from France.
Jasmine Sambac abs - from E. Himalayas.

Blended with organic Italian grain vodka and pure water.



Whilst Ffern Winter 20 still remains my favourite all-time scent, I'm not at all disappointed with Spring 20. It delivers exactly what you would expect when thinking of the springtime, but whilst saying that, it's also much more than you would expect. My experience with Ffern so far are that they are incredibly talented and intelligent perfumiers - always offering complex and twisty scents which change throughout wearing.
I'm certainly looking forward to what the rest of the seasons bring.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review