Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box January 2020


A beauty subscription box that I have stuck with for the longest and most consistent time now and one that never fails to delight and inspire with every single edit (now bi-monthly) - the Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box always lights up my day.

The January 2020 box has the theme of 'Nourish' and pretty much sums up exactly how I want to welcome in this new decade - not only do I want to nourish my skin as I head towards the age of Fifty but I want my mind, body and soul to be nourished too.
This is (as usual) a gorgeous selection of products to see me into 2020.


The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a Bi-monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol, Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A Bi-monthly subscription costs £25.00  BUY HERE


There are five products in the January box - two brands I'd not heard of at all, one brand that I'd not tried before and two brands that I know and love.
Let's take a closer look:


Ovviovita - Rosehip & Sandalwood Cream (200ml)
RRP £21.00

An incredibly generous and luxe 200ml jar of 'Dry Skin Replenishing Cream' which harnesses the powers of Ayurvedic herbs.
Ovviovita is a brand I'd never heard of before and on further research, I see that they offer a selection of Natural herbal hair and beauty products.

The Dry Skin Replenishing Cream is packed with Ayurvedic herbs, rich with antibacterial properties and high in antioxidants. Infused with Argantensyl, a protein fraction of Argan Seeds, known for its anti-wrinkle and tightening properties. It helps stimulate collagen production and improves elasticity.
This is indeed, a rich and sumptuous cream but absorbs well and leaves no greasy residue.

On first application I wasn't sure whether I was a fan of this scent or not! To me it's quite discordant at first. But then very rapidly as the product absorbs into my skin the scent changes quite dramatically and settles into a much more pleasing fragrance. The cream also offers long-lasting moisturisation and makes my winter skin feel soft, smooth and well nourished.



100 Acres Apothecary - Rose & Lavender Bubble Bath (100ml)
RRP £6.00

It's rare that I actually get to enjoy a nice hot, long and relaxing bath, but when I do, I really like to go all out and make it a truly pampering occasion.
The Rose & Lavender Bubble Bath sounds like an ideal accompaniment to a relaxing soak. 
This has an incredibly deep and sensuous floral scent. The combination of Rose and Lavender is sure to lift my mood, calm my mind and ease away my cares and any aches and strains. I'm really looking forward to trying this sumptuous smelling bubble bath out soon.


Vedani Botanics - Organic Cleansing Oil - Apricot Kernel & Sea Buckthorn 
RRP £10.00

Vedani Botanics is another new-to-me brand. I'm always happy to try a new cleansing oil and this one is formulated with Apricot Kernel Oil and Sea Buckthorn, so I know it's sure to be an opulent offering. Better still, this oil doubles up as a shave oil. I've never tried shaving using an oil before but it makes perfect sense that this is going to be a successful new way of doing things for me - especially when I'm prone to being a bit slap-dash with a razor and ending up hacking up the skin on my legs! 
I tried this last night as a cleansing oil - gorgeous scent and rich oil which glides well on the skin. Removal with a face cloth was easy and removed every last scrap of makeup and daily grime. The rich oils used meant that my skin was left feeling soft, well nourished and of course, nice and clean.
I also tried the oil as a shave oil with my double-edged aluminium razor that I recently received from Edens Day Body. And just as I'd hoped, this gave me an incredibly smooth (and safe!) shave which left my legs feeling fantastic afterwards. As I have a LOT of cleansing oils in my stash at the moment, I think I'm going to keep this primarily as a shave oil as I was so delighted with the results


Nourish - Antioxidant Multi Tasking Super Balm (15ml)
RRP £12.00

Recently, I've been infatuated with multi-tasking balms and I've always got a couple open and near at hand to help with a multitude of skin, hair and nail issues. 
Nourish is a brand that I've only just tried in the past year, but a brand who I've been hugely impressed with so I was more than delighted to see this nestling inside this month's box.
The Antioxidant Multi-Tasking Super Balm has some gorgeous ingredients, including Borage and Pumpkin Seed Oil, Kale, Geranium and Zingiber.
It can be used in so many ways - as a balm cleanser and light exfoliator, as a mask and as an intensive moisturiser, to name but just a few.


Jorgobe - Hand Cream (30ml)
RRP £10.00

And finally, Jorgobe, a Danish brand who I was previously introduced to via the Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box, and a brand that I was delighted to meet again!
I love Jorgobe's simplistic yet stylish packaging but more than that, I really love their products!
The hand cream is absolutely gorgeous. It's super silky and smooth and feels really rich on the skin without being too heavy or greasy. It absorbs quickly and beautifully and I love how it leaves a silky protective barrier without actually feeling any residue on the skin.
I'm loving that in the hand cream are suspended little black pearls of vitamin A + E. These burst upon contact with the skin, providing antioxidant protection.
I can't quite put my finger on the scent - it's very delicate and fresh, slightly herbal and slightly floral. A beautiful gentle scent though. I can see that this is going to be one of my favourite hand creams that I'll want to repurchase again and again.


So yet again, I'm incredibly happy with the January 'Nourish' box. I'm always surprised that Paula still manages to introduce so many brands that I've never heard of - she really does bring us some real gems each time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review