Laidbare Skincare - Pack Your Bags Eye Cream Review


Laidbare
 Pack Your Bags Lighten & Tighten Eye Cream

What is it?
An eye cream containing Buckwheat to help reduce puffiness and dark circles, Shea Butter to hydrate and Eyebright to help reduce the appearance of redness and to brighten the skin.

Ingredients
Aqua Caprylic/capric Triglyceride Cetearyl Alcohol Glycerin Glyceryl Stearate SE Cetearyl Glucoside Butyrospermum Parkii Butter Prunus Amygdalus Dulicis Oil Benzyl Alcohol Panthenol Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil Xanthan Gum Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil Dehydroacetic Acid Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract Sodium Benzoate Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract Euphrasia Officinalis Extract Pantolactone Potassium Sorbate 
*Warning - Contains Almond Oil



Scent and Texture
Unscented. White cream texture.

Application
Laidbare recommend use in both morning and night routines. They also recommend application by pressing into the skin until the cream absorbs.

Thoughts
I feel it's only fair to mention that I've gone off eye creams big time in the past year. I had really struggled finding an eye cream that didn't make my eyes water and even more problems finding one that actually showed any positive results.

So as I'm not generally a fan of the traditional eye cream texture (preferring instead balms and serums/gels) then the Laidbare Pack Your Bags is already up against a bit of a stand-offish customer (me) to start with!

I received this in a Love Lula Box a few months ago, and despite my reticence in reverting back to using an eye cream, I wanted to give this a fair try and see how I got on.
The inclusion of Eyebright in the ingredients was it's main allure for me. I've always found Eyebright to be a really beneficial, soothing and brightening ingredient in eye care products.

I'll start with the positives:
It doesn't make my eyes water! So that's a huge plus for me as I've had to quickly discard many an eye cream that instantly made my eyes water after application.
It's quite a large product size at 30ml when most eye creams usually come in 15ml size tubes. It's also great value for money at just £7.99. In fact, Laidbare are a really great value brand who offer a large range of daily skincare essentials.
It does a great job of hydrating my eyes.
Pack Your Bags can also be used for neck contouring. I'm finding that it absorbs much better on the neck than under the eyes and so it works better for me using it in this way.

And now the negatives:
Pack Your Bags takes an absolute age to absorb! This cream, however little you apply is very 'bouncy' and is quite visible on the skin after application, which is why I only use this in my night time routine.
I've tried the using both a pressing and a patting technique but both felt like I'm just bouncing the skin back on to my finger tips. I found it better to apply by massaging in, but still, unfortunately, nothing really helped it to absorb. It sat under my eyes more like a mask than a cream.
After a few months of consistent use in my evening routine, there were no visible results. It provides good hydration and moisturisation, but sadly, that's the only results that I saw. There was no difference in the tightness of the skin on my under eye area, it didn't seem to reduce puffiness at all. 
There was no visible lightening either.

So unfortunately, the search for the Holy Grail of eye cream continues!
Laidbare's Pack Your Bags has some good features but it's refusal to properly absorb means that I can't use it in both morning and night time routines and that makes it a non-runner for me ultimately.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this marvellous knowledge about eye bags. If you are looking for BEST EYE BAG REMOVAL SINGAPORE in Singapore by professional doctors and at exciting prices, then you must visit HealthspringsAesthetics. Visit our website to know more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review