January 2020 Favourites




Despite trying hard not to fall for the lure of the January sales, I couldn't resist making a couple of purchases!


After receiving a 10ml rollerball of 'Live the Life' Perfume Oil by Walden in December's Love Lula Box, I really wanted to try more from this natural perfume brand. A 25% off voucher (also from the Love Lula box) afforded me the perfect opportunity to try some more. They all sounded so good, so I opted for the Mini Rollerball Sample kit, comprising of seven small 2ml vials of different scents. I loved every single offering - but I think my favourites are 'A Different Drummer' and 'The Solid Earth'.
Read a full review here.



Ffern - Winter '20

A surprise delivery this January as I only just managed to get my name down for the Ffern production ledger and thought that I would be too late for the Winter Solstice release.
But this is the best type of surprise you can have, as Ffern's Winter 20 is one of, if not the most, delicious scents I've ever had the pleasure of trying.
With opening notes which are sharp with peppermint and citrus, Winter '20 dries down to what I would call my ideal scent, that is, like the remnants of a bonfire mixed with church incense. Warm, deep, spicy and resinous, this natural perfume absolutely epitomises the scents of winter and I am absolutely besotted with it!
Now I can't wait to see what Spring 20 holds in store.
Review to follow.



Mila's Apothecary

With very small batches made and sporadic releases, I was delighted to pick up this limited edition Winter Gift set from Mila's Apothecary for Christmas.
Mila is currently volunteering in Greece and so currently has no products available for sale.
The Winter Gift Set comprised of a jar of Winter Butter, a tin of Night Balm and a Sun & Moon solid bath oil bar.
Out of its wrapping and left in my bathroom, the solid bath oil bar makes the room smell heavenly - like a rich and creamy peppermint cream!
Both the night balm and the body butter have a magical quality about them. Incredibly soothing and both smelling lightly of rose, they leave a sumptuous velvety cocoon on my skin. 
My first experience with Mila's Apothecary products have left me wanting more! I'm keeping my eye on Mila's Instagram page and will be ready with my purse when she has more products on sale!
Review to follow soon.



NK Naturals - Winter Oil

This is a re-introduction into my winter routine from last year. I absolutely love both the season oils that I've tried from NK Natural and will definitely be picking up the Spring Oil in a couple of months.
The bottle I'm using is the old design - the new designs have rollerball applicators to make application easier.
Blended with Jojoba, Oat Kernel, Cacay and Sea Buckthorn oils and Benzoin and Amber resin, Winter Oil is a beautiful rich facial oil with a delicious spicy and warm scent. Such a nourishing oil to massage into my face last thing in the evening. It really feeds and repairs my skin as I sleep and I never fail to wake up with deeply hydrated, soft and plump skin in the morning. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review