Indie Lee - Rosehip Cleanser Review


Indie Lee - Rosehip Cleanser

What is it?
Specially formulated to deal with dryness, redness and rosacea, this vitamin-rich Rosehip Cleanser not only lifts away dirt but works hard to preserve precious moisture. Its star ingredient – rosehip oil – is prized for its youth-boosting prowess (being packed with regenerative vitamin C), plus it helps to condition and calm sensitivity.

Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Potassium Cocoate, Fragrance*, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Phenethyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Hexyl Cinnamal (*Natural).

Scent and Texture
Light, slightly runny gel texture with a faint natural rose scent.


Application
Apply a small amount of cleanser to wet face. Indie Lee recommends applying around the eyes with a wet cotton pad to remove eye makeup. Remove with water.


Thoughts

I initially received a small 15ml sample of the Rosehip Cleanser in the Naturismo Vegan Exclusive Discovery Box a couple of months ago. That 15ml sample lasted me a good couple of weeks of use. 
So far, I have struggled with finding 'the one' of second cleansers - I've not tried one that I've gone back and repurchased yet. I have several second cleansers on my wish-list that I want to try. But, the small 15ml impressed me so much that I wasn't quite done with trying it yet!
I did go back and re-purchase the slightly bigger 30ml. I did hesitate to buy the full size at £32 just because it's twice the cost of what I'd usually spend on a second cleanser and I do have so many other second cleansers in my wish list that I want to try first before I decide which one might become a long-term keeper!

So if you can break through all of that preliminary waffle (!!), what I'm saying is, the Rosehip Cleanser seems to tick all of the boxes for what I'm looking for in a second cleanser and that it's on the short-list for taking the position of potentially being 'the one'!

So what's so great about it?

* Low PH
I will try and use a cleanser that has a lower PH balance.
The skin's moisture barrier that protects our skin from bacteria, prevents water loss and defends our skin from environmental stressors, is naturally slightly acidic, with a PH level of around PH 5. Cleansers with more Alkaline can therefore strip the skin of natural lipids which disrupts the skin's moisture barrier, leaving it vulnerable to water loss, infection and more susceptible to irritation and sensitivity.
Although Indie Lee don't state the PH level in the Rosehip Cleanser, other testers have shown that it reads at PH 5.5, which is the ideal PH level for a second cleanser.

* Non-Drying
Because of it's low PH, the Rosehip Cleanser is non-drying and leaves skin soft and plump after use.

* Texture
It has a slightly runny gel texture that I really love in a second cleanser. Better still, it doesn't really foam - just maybe a teensy weensy bit. In my experience, the less foam - the less drying a cleanser is.

* Scent
It has a very faint rose scent. Sometimes rose-scented products smell of artificial rose, not this one. 

On a slightly less positive note (but only slightly less) - 
although the Rosehip Cleanser is suitable for use on the eyes and I personally didn't experience any irritation around my eyes when using, it doesn't quite clear up any remnants of eye makeup that my first cleanser missed. This means that I have to go in with some micellar water to just clean up the smudges of mascara that are left under my eyes.
This isn't a deal breaker for me because most of my first cleansers do a pretty good job at removing eye makeup fully. This is just the second sweep clean.

So in my journey to discover the BEST EVER second cleanser, the Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser takes top spot (so far!). But, I can't quite shake the feeling that somewhere out there, awaits a second cleanser that is perfect in every way (and hopefully cheaper too!). So the search does continue...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review