Five Dot Botanics - Deep Feed Serum Review



Who?
Five Dot Botanics are a London-based company run by Zaffrin and Brian.
Their aims for the brand was to offer full transparency with their products and demystify the often downright confusing ingredients used in skincare products. Each product has just five natural botanical ingredients so customers know exactly what they are putting on their skin.
All products are vegan certified.

What is it?
Deep Feed is an oil-based serum combining five of the most powerful anti-ageing oils to tackle inflammation, reduce wrinkles and give intensive nourishment.

Ingredients
Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) seed oil
Coffea arabica (Coffee) seed oil
Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla) extract
Caryodendron Orinocense (Cacay) nut oil
Anthemis nobilis (Chamomile) flower oil



Scent and Texture
Deep Feed has an intriguing nutty, earthy scent. It's a light oil, pale in colour.


Application
Massage 2-3 drops into freshly cleansed skin, morning and evening.



Thoughts

After hearing a lot of great things about this relatively new brand online I was delighted to be given the chance of trying out one of their products when I won a giveaway for a sample of Deep Feed Serum recently.

The starting point of ingredient transparency was always going to be a major draw for me.
And Zaffrin and Brian have clearly thought hard about which botanical ingredients to use in each product to give maximum results with minimum ingredients.

Deep Feed Serum does exactly what its name suggests - it delivers incredibly intensive skin nourishment. But lets take a look at what else each oil brings to the skincare table:
Safflower Seed Oil is a rich source of Vitamin E and is high in both Oleic and Linoleic fatty acids. It stimulates skin regeneration and is known as an anti-inflammatory, which can help heal discomfort caused by eczema, psoriasis and acne.
Coffee Seed Oil delivers three times more antioxidants than green tea. The high amounts of fatty acids help build collagen and elastin in the skin and it can make skin look brighter and less puffy.
Amla Extract, is an Ayurvedic super ingredient, helping skin look radiant and repairing damaged skin.
Cacay Nut Oil is a much revered ingredient in natural skincare as it contains high levels of vitamins E, F and A which revitalise and soften the skin and help reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Chamomile Flower Oil is perhaps one of the best oils for calming and soothing skin and can even help to clear up rashes, irritation caused by acne and other skin irritations.

The oil is pale and light and absorbs really quickly and completely but despite its lightness, this is an intensely nourishing oil. I received this when the weather was warmer. At this time of year my skin is quite picky about oil-based serums during the day as it tends to get oilier quicker and makes my makeup slide all over my face. So to combat this, I added a couple of booster drops to my day time moisturiser in my morning routine but at night I massaged a coupe of drops into my face and it made for a fantastically nourishing last step in my evening routine.

The serum delivers instant soothing and hydration and I can feel that it continues working on my skin as I wear it. This means that when I use it last thing at night I can feel quite confident that Deep Feed is working hard to nourish, hydrate and plump my skin as I sleep.

I've been really impressed with both the Deep Feed Serum and with Five Dot Botanics as a brand. This was a great introduction for me and I look forward to trying more from the range.


And yes, I specially looked up Morse Code to decipher the label and it reads 'F I V E' .
 I LOVE THAT!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review