Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box April 2019

April is 'Stress Awareness Month' and this month's Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box theme is 'Inner Peace'.
I have to say that every month, the Skin Organics box is the perfect pick-me-up to calm my mind, soothe my brow and ease my woes! It's always fun shopping for skincare, body care and hair care for myself but it's even better when your Fairy Godmother (aka Paula, curator of these boxes) picks your treats for you!

If you are new to the Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box or wondering which subscription box to choose from, this box has NEVER let me down. Month after month, the contents are perfect - I don't think I've ever been disappointed with a single product I've received.


 
The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol, Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £28.00 (Month to Month) BUY HERE
You can also subscribe by 3 Month Pre-pay for £78.00 or opt for the Vegan Friendly Box (also £28 on a Month to Month basis).
 
Let's take a look inside and see how great excitement levels are at first peek!

 
Six items from six brands that I've never tried before! This is a gloriously fantastic first glance and I'm finding it hard to contain myself!
 
Let's take a closer look... 

 
How amazing are all these goodies? I can't wait to start playing with them.
 
 
Ku.tis - Grounded Body Butter
 
This is the item which first catches my eye. I've seen Ku.tis mentioned on Instagram, but didn't really know much about the brand.
As soon as I open the lid the scent has me swooning! It's a gorgeous mix of Frankincense, Patchouli and Orange - this is such an incredible scent.

 
I had to try this out straight away, so used this after my shower. The texture is light and moussey but when applied the body butter turns into an incredibly silky balm. The scent level is just perfect. I've never really enjoyed Patchouli as a single note, but often find that when it's in a mix, it's always the last note to linger and I really love that about it as it has such a sultry, spicy and warm lasting aroma.
But that's not the only lasting thing about this amazing body butter... I noticed as I undressed for bed last night that my skin was still as smooth and silky as when I applied this in the morning. This one will be a definite repurchase. It's utterly gorgeous.

 
Inka Berber Botanicals - Marmalade Mist
 
I'm always excited to try a brand that I've not heard of before and the name 'Marmalade Mist' made me even more excited! You can never have too many mists (no, really, you can't!) as they are so versatile. I expected this to have an orange scent but it's really quite an intriguing honeyed scent - it reminds me of the smell of the Yellow Gorse that grows in the lanes near my house - the smell of summer! I can see why this product was chosen for the 'Inner Peace' theme as the scent is so comforting and cheerful.

 
Maison Meunier - Silk Face Lotion with Aloe Vera & Chamomile
 
Another brand where I'd heard of the name but wasn't familiar with the products.
I was a bit cautious about this one as it contains Aloe Vera and my skin can sometimes be a bit sensitive when Aloe is high in the ingredients. BUT, I threw caution to the wind and tried this for the first time this morning. So far so good! No irritation or redness, so I think my skin may be able to tolerate this. Which is a good thing as it's a really nice, light day time moisturiser and certainly does make my face feel silky to the touch. It's quite a 'bouncy' lotion to apply at first, but does eventually spread and absorb well - just takes a wee bit more effort to apply.

 
Sofia Latif - Eye Oil
 
This was this month's 'sneak peak' product on Instagram which pleased me no end as it's from a brand I've been wanting to try.
I was also pretty delighted that we could be expecting an eye product as it's an area in my routine that I've been trying to address recently as I look for my 'perfect' eye care set up.
 

 
This is an incredibly luxurious eye oil with Meadowfoam Seed Oil and Organic Argan Oil to protect the skin; Marula, Rosehip and Pomegranate Seed Oil to increase collagen and address elasticity and firmness; Lemon Seed, Camellia Seed and Organic Grapeseed Oils for hydration and scented with Organic Roman Chamomile, Sweet Orange and Wild Carrot Seed.
It comes in a glass bottle with cooling metal rollerball. I did get a bit carried away with my first use as I was enjoying the cooling sensation of the roller ball and applied a bit too much! A little of this goes a long way and is an absolute relaxing treat to gently massage around the eye area. If you don't use too much like me, it does absorb really well and does a super job of hydrating the delicate under eye area as you sleep.

 
Wildheart Organics - Therapy on the Go Tranquil Roll On
 
This couldn't have come at a more welcome time since it's exam season and our entire household is caught up in seriously high levels of stress bought on my last minute revision and practice papers!
I've been keeping this within reach at all times since receiving this, ready to administer to anyone in the house who is feeling moments of stress and woe.
This blend contains a whopping twenty one essential oils, every single one chosen to unburden your soul and calm the jitters. With an incredibly relaxing scent of Lavender and Neroli this is an absolute godsend for our nerves. Has also been doubling up as my daily perfume too!

 
Inner Senses - Awakening Meditative Body Oil
 
I jumped for joy when I saw a product from Inner Senses as I've been wanting to try something from this brand for so long.
I was just going to liberally apply this as a body oil after a quick shower, but then I noticed that the accompanying 'Inner Peace' card said that this is a "grounding and cleansing blend which provides the perfect ritual enhancing accompaniment to Meditation, Reiki and all subtle energy and mindfulness practices".
This stopped me in my tracks as I realised that I haven't taken the time to actually meditate for so long - the stresses of life have all built up into a hive of overwhelming, and not particularly pleasant energy recently and I haven't once reached for that precious re-set button.
So I'm going to ensure that I actually take some time out to utilise this sample really well and use it for it's intended purpose.
Formulated with Frankincense, Rosewood and Rose Otto Oils, it smells absolutely divine. It's a fabulous introduction to the brand.
 
 
I've been absolutely delighted with this month's box. Five new-to-me brands and products - every single one of which is eminently usable. I can already tell that there are lots of these products which are going to carve a forever home in my collection.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review