Orchard View Naturals - Vital Botanical Facial Oil Review

 
 
Orchard View Naturals - Vital Botanical Facial Oil*
£16.00 for 10ml/£34.00 for 30ml BUY HERE
 
* PR - Links are not affiliated.

 
What is it?
OV Naturals (Orchard View Naturals) is run by Aromatherapist Lucy Stevens from Somerset. The Vital Botanical Face Oil contains Organic Chilean Rosehip Oil, Bulgarian Rose Otto and Moroccan Rose Absolute oils. It's a high-Linoleic facial oil, high in antioxidants and packed with essential fatty acids, vitamins and phytonutrients. Suitable for dry and sensitive skin. It's 100% Natural and over 99% Soil Association certified organic ingredients. Cruelty free and vegan.
 
Ingredients:
ROSA CANINA (ROSEHIP) FRUIT OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL, TOCOPHEROL (NATURAL VITAMIN E), CYMBOPOGON MARTINI (PALMAROSA) OIL, PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM) OIL, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, ROSA DAMASCENA (ROSE) FLOWER EXTRACT, ROSA DAMASCENA (ROSE) FLOWER OIL, *CITRAL, *CITRONELLOL, *EUGENOL, *FARNESOL, *GERANIOL, *LIMONENE, *LINALOL. *in essential oils

 
Scent and Texture:
Recognisably and undeniably a natural rose scent (compared with that artificial or synthetic rose scent that some rose-centred products have). The oil actually has a rosy tint to it. It's a rich and luxe oil in texture. 
 
Application:
For best application apply to clean, slightly damp skin.
It can be used in both your morning and evening skincare routine. For morning use, I prefer to add a drop to my daytime moisturiser. It's also great to apply a tiny touch to cheekbones to ramp up that natural glow in the day.
At night, I personally use this as a last step in my routine. This is my favourite oil to use alongside my Jade Gua Sha tool for an enjoyable evening stone facial massage.

 
Thoughts
 
Not one, not two, but three rose oils? Yes please! How much more luxurious can a face oil be when it's packed with such beautiful oils and essences? This is such an exquisitely scented oil. There's nothing more off-putting to buy a product which is 'rose scented' only to find that it's a synthetic scent - artificial rose scents can never match the beauty of the natural scent of rose and this oil certainly gives you that natural opulence of organic rose oils.
 
I'm making it sound like I use this oil whilst floating around in silk and feathers, dabbing a little oil on my wrists and temples whilst swooning at the utter decadence of the heady aromas!  Okay,there may be a slight bit of swooning involved, but actually, the Vital Oil is incredibly functional at the same time.
 
Let me count the ways...
 
It's a very rich oil. I've used this as a 'booster' mixed in with my day cream when my skin has felt that it needed a little extra care and attention. It's slightly too heavy for me to use on it's own in the morning under makeup as I'm one of those that can get progressively oilier during the day, so I need to balance my products carefully to avoid that happening. On the other hand, the Vital Oil gives such great glow that it would be criminal not to put this to best use in the daytime. Dabbing a touch of oil on my cheekbones gives me a healthy glow to match any highlighter on the market.
 
It feeds my skin. I've been preferring to use this oil as the last step in my evening routine. All of those deeply nourishing ingredients get to work overnight, feeding and replenishing my skin as I sleep.
 
It softens my skin. I wake up in the morning with soft and plump skin with no oiliness or residue. My skin just drinks this up!
 
It firms my skin. I've found this oil to be the perfect pairing when using in conjunction with my Jade Gua Sha. I use the Gua Sha straight away after applying the Vital Oil to give me a perfect slip so that the stone doesn't drag on my skin. Not only that, the movements of using the Gua Sha help to really work the oil into my skin. I've started to notice some firming of the skin, particularly to the lower parts of my cheeks since using these two together. It's early days but there is a noticeable improvement.
 
It makes me feel good. On the Vital Oil's product page is the tag line 'Treat Your Skin. Calm your heart'. I love this! It's so very true! Experiencing this oil is more than just treating your skin right. Treating your mind, heart and soul right is so important too.
 
 
 
I also received a sample of OV Naturals 'Golden' Natural Eau de Toilette. This is the first entirely natural EDT I've ever tried and I'm hugely impressed. Over 99.9% natural, Golden EDT is a composition made from nineteen exotic essential oils, absolutes and isolates. Includes Pink Grapefruit, Pink Pepper, Italian Bergamot, Damask Rose, Magnolia Leaf, Neroli, Tuberose, wild Frankincense & Ambrette Seed.
 
My usual scent preference for a perfume is for the woody, spicy, herbal and Oriental notes  - my favourites are Tom Ford Black Orchid and Serge Lutens Five O'clock au Gingembre. So 'Golden' is quite a departure from my usual tastes. However, there's a world of difference between synthetically created scents and natural essences, and where I may avoid the floral and citrus scents from the perfume counter, I was actually really pleasantly surprised at how much 'Golden' appealed to me.
On first application you're hit with zingy and fresh citrus notes, which later mellow into delicate florals, finally settling on the warm spicy notes. It's this final stage that I love the most - when you keep getting little wafts of warm spice - so comforting but alluring at the same time.


Comments

  1. Ohhh rose smells everywhere! I did not know about this brand or their perfume, for which I am intrigued! I will need to check this out ! ��
    Xx
    Manon rendezvousgreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manon, I looove the scent of rose! I've just been made aware that the oil can be used in the hair too - so that's another multi-purpose use for it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review