Evolve Beauty - Daily Detox Facial Wash Review

 


Evolve Beauty - Daily Detox Facial Wash
£6.00 for 30ml/£16.00 for 100ml
 
* Gifted/PR - Links are not affiliated.
 
What is it?
A delicately foaming facial wash to detoxify and rebalance normal to combination skin. Natural sugars cleanse away impurities, organic papaya enzymes exfoliate, and organic aloe vera softens, leaving skin clean, smooth and supple. Natural Goji Berry extract defends against pollution.
 
Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycerin*, Gluconolactone, Lauryl Glucoside, Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Extract*, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Parfum (natural fragrance), Sodium benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, Maltodextrin, Arginine, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic acid, Limonene, Linalool.

*ingredients from organic farming

 
 Scent and Texture:
This has a gorgeous delicate, fresh scent - it smells of freshly cut fruit and vegetables in the summertime! Texture is a clear viscous gel.
 
Application:
Massage onto damp face and neck to release a very slight foam. I find this facial wash is ideal to use with my Foreo Luna sonic cleanser as it gives just enough foamy slip to enable the Foreo to buzz away over my face without dragging and pulling on my skin.

 
Hopefully you can make out from this photograph the very gentle and light foam after applying the tiniest amount of water. The gel turns slightly milky too.

 
Thoughts:
 My preferred second cleanser would always be a gel cleanser which gives a very light foam (too much foam and I start to worry about it being too drying on my skin). And the Daily Detox Facial Wash is my ideal for a second cleanser as it ticks all the boxes for everything I look for in a cleanser.
 
It feels very light and fresh but still has the power behind it to remove any traces of an oil or balm first cleanser and the last remnants of eye makeup that remain (without irritating my eyes at all).
 
I can have sensitivity issues with products where Aloe is high on the ingredients list, but despite Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice being the second ingredient, I'm happy to report that I had absolutely no sensitivity issues using this cleanser. On the contrary, I found this to be one of the gentlest and most soothing second cleansers that I've used.
 
I'm loving that Evolve Beauty often use Moringa Peptides in their products. Moringa Peptides are like natural filters for the skin - preventing micro-particles of pollution from sticking to the skin. They're also great for re-balancing the natural oil in your skin, making this a great product for oily and combination skins. Evolve Beauty also use Moringa Peptides in their True Balance Lotion.

 I don't generally use a facial wash for my morning cleanse (preferring instead to use floral water) but if you do, I'd highly recommend this as both a morning cleanser and second cleanser in your evening routine. This is one of those products which is pretty impressive in it's duality - light and fresh enough for a morning cleanser, but with enough oomph to be a very competent second cleanser also.
 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review