NK Naturals ~ Winter Season Oil Review


 
NK Naturals - Winter Season Oil
£15.00 for 15mls BUY HERE
 
What is it?
Winter Oil is specifically designed to combat the issues that can affect the skin during the coldest of seasons. Suitable for Vegans.
 
Ingredients:
Jojoba oil, Oat kernel oil, Cacay Oil, Sea Buckthorn, Benzoin and Amber resin

 
 Scent and Texture:
Beautiful rich orange colour. Although it's quite a rich oil, it does absorb reasonably quickly, but I wouldn't call it a 'dry' oil. Lightly scented but nothing that lingers.
 
Application:
Massage a small amount onto damp skin in the evening. Alternatively can be used as a booster in your morning routine. Add a drop to your day moisturiser.
 
Thoughts:
I'm absolutely and utterly in love with the idea of season oils. The NK Naturals Winter Oil is the first facial oil that I've bought which is specifically formulated for seasonal use.
 
The rich nourishing ingredients are perfect for protecting my skin against the winter elements and this oil helps to breathe life back into my sad old, tired, taught, hot and dry winter skin.
I think I may have assumed that this would be a heavier oil because it has the toughest job to do (combatting the effects of winter-ravaged skin) but I was surprised, and pretty happy to note that it's actually a reasonably light oil. It doesn't absorb instantly but neither does it sit on my skin.
Despite it's lightness, it does exactly the job that I hoped it would - an instant cocooning of my skin which brings immediate relief from winter skin woes. As a last step in my evening routine, I feel confident that the oil is feeding and nourishing my skin overnight - evident when I wake up with plump and refreshed skin.

I've read varying opinions about using a facial oil every single day (maybe even twice a day) from people who swear by it and from people who feel that overuse can lead to dull, sluggish skin.
For me personally, I belong in the former camp. This is the first winter where I've had no season-lasting major skin issues, apart from the usual dryness, tightness and redness that cold weather/central heating brings. The difference from past winters? Facial oil. Over the past 18 months since discovering that I'm 'Team Oil' my skin has behaved itself remarkably well and I think it's more than coincidental that this coincides with religious use of facial oils in my routines.

Now that Spring is officially declared, I'm off to purchase some NK Naturals Spring Season Oil and tuck the Winter Oil down all safe and snug till later in the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review