Unboxing - Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box - January 2019

 
It doesn't seem possible that we are already nearly through the first month of the year!
I don't like to wish my time away, but I'm really not a fan of change - and starting a new year always makes feel slightly anxious and a bit low, although I wish I could be one of those people who embrace change and charge at it head on, full of the excitement and anticipation of a new challenge.
 
I'm obviously not alone with those who suffer from the January blues, the (apparently) most depressing day of the year has even been given it's own title 'Blue Monday'.
So what better, on the actual Blue Monday, that the postman knocks on your door and delivers this month's Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box? (Answer: There's nothing better!)

The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol,  Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £28.00 (Month to Month) BUY HERE
You can also subscribe by 3 Month Pre-pay for £78.00 or opt for the Vegan Friendly Box (also £28 on a Month to Month basis).

 
What's in the box?
 
 
This month's theme is 'Regenerate'.
Paula always manages to nail the mood perfectly with her edits. It's a new year, time to regenerate after the semi-hibernation period after Christmas and to get all excited about making new resolutions and to absolutely, definitely, 'this-time-I'm-going-to', stick to them.  But also, for those of us, like me, who may just need a little bit of extra time to start stretching out our limbs, roots and shoots, regeneration may take a little extra TLC - and I think we may just find it nestled in this box!
 
The box contains five items, plus three extra sample sachets. I'm very happy to see that I haven't heard of three of the five featured brands and it's always a real treat to discover new brands and products.
 
 
Let's take a close look at each product:
 
 
Clockface Beauty
Hand & Cuticle Roll On - Frankincense & Rose Otto
 
This was this month's sneak peak and I was delighted to see another product from Clockface Beauty in the box. I've been using their Body Oil from last month's box nightly, so I already know that their oils are something special.
A nail and cuticle oil is an absolute essential in my routine. I use one twice a day, morning and evening and my current oil is running low so it's great to have such a gorgeous back-up ready.
The Frankincense & Otto Rose scent is perfect! Plus I love the roll-on bottle with the metal roller. I usually massage any excess cuticle oil into my fingers, but hadn't really thought about using it all over my hands before. This oil absorbs quickly into my cuticles, nails and hands, so from now on I'll certainly be extending the oil for my hands too!
 
 
Pure Lakes
Grapefruit & Lemongrass Shower Gel
 
I've heard of Pure Lakes before (I'm even on their mailing list) but this is the first product I've tried of theirs.
The Grapefruit & lemongrass shower gel has a refreshing and zingy scent, courtesy of the natural therapeutic Grapefruit and Lemongrass essential oils. It's perfect for a 'wake-me-up' morning shower.
 
 
Cacti Cosmetics
Regeneration Facial Oil
 
Here's a brand I've not heard of before, and in the box we're treated to two products from the brand. I think I'm most excited to try these out!
Cacti Cosmetics make 100% Natural, Vegan and Cruelty free products. Their packaging is either fully recyclable or biodegradable.
Included in the box is a mini of their Regeneration Facial Oil. Blended with Safflower Oil, Hemp Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Prickly Pear Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and with Lavender and Geranium essential oils. It's high in linoleic acid (Omega 6). The oil encourages natural exfoliation, stimulates cell renewal and protects and strengthens the skins barrier.
I tried the facial oil last night for the first time. It's a rich oil, with a natural, slightly nutty scent from the oils. I used a facial mist before applying as I'm preferring to apply facial oils in this way now. I didn't expect it to absorb completely as it did leave quite an oily layer after application , so was surprised that after, perhaps ten minutes, that it had absorbed into my skin entirely. I left a further amount of time before applying a sleeping mask on top. This morning, I woke up with nourished, soft and plump skin. So taking a little bit of extra time to let it absorb fully is advisable.
 
 
Cacti Cosmetics
Avocado Lip Balm
 
I absolutely love this avocado lip balm! The zero waste packaging is fantastic - although it did take me longer than it probably should have to realise that the product is pushed upwards from the bottom of the tube!!
The lip balm contains a blend of Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter & Virgin Avocado Oil and feels instantly soothing and protective on my lips.
 
 
Okko
Foot Balm with Organic Calendula & Eucalyptus
 
God knows I love a good old foot rub (even though I have to do it for myself). I'm currently using a foot balm that I make myself, but not being a skilled formulator or even particularly good at creating my own products, I'm looking forward to trying something from a proper brand!
I admit to being slightly dubious about a foot balm that comes in stick form like this as I wasn't too sure of the hygiene ramifications of swiping it directly on my feet! However, the balm is soft enough to be scooped off with your finger and applied to your feet that way, so you don't actually need direct contact with your feet.
Made with soothing calendula with added Eucalyptus oil this balm was refreshing and soothing on my feet. I like to apply a really good amount of product and then wear cotton socks overnight to really let the product get to work. By morning, the balm had completely absorbed and my feet felt softer, particularly on the usual rough areas. Although I'd usually associate the scent of Eucalyptus with cold remedies, it's actually the ideal essential oil for feet - soothing, antiseptic and anti-bacterial with deodorising properties.
 
 
Northburn
Relax Aromatherapy Candle
 
Another brand I hadn't heard of but will surely be looking at what else they have to offer!
The candle is made with 100% natural wax and contains  a blend of Lavender, Geranium, Ginger, Ylang Ylang and Vetiver.
I sparked this up right away and my lounge was filled with a super relaxing and beautiful scent. Even when not lit, I can still smell the delicious scent lingering in the room. This is a really beautiful candle. It has a burn time of 30 - 35 hours.
I'm loving that the past two boxes have included candles - I would usually feel slightly disappointed when boxes contain lifestyle products as my personal choice is for skincare and body care. But actually, I'm beginning to realise just how much a beautiful candle adds to my (and my family's) general feelings of well-being.
 
 
PHB Ethical Beauty
 
And finally, three sample sachets from PHB Ethical Beauty. The samples were; Bio-Gel Skin Perfector, Balance Blemish Gel and Superfood Brightening Serum
PHB Ethical Beauty is another brand that I've heard of and been wanting to try but haven't so far. I'm most looking forward to trying out the Superfood Brightening Serum - contains Vitamin C and Kojic Acid and sounds amazing!
 
 
This box, my first subscription box of the year, was yet again another absolute winner.
I've really enjoyed being introduced to new brands and yet-untried brands but also getting the chance to try more from a brand that I've previously enjoyed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review