Morning Skincare Routine

It's been a while since I shared my morning skincare routine. I try and keep it similar every week, with the exception of alternating which serums and treatments I use daily.

 
 
First Step - Cleanse
Most days I use a toner as a morning cleanse (or just plain water). Once a week I'll use an exfoliating wash. I'm currently using the Zenon Kition Rosewater. I've been doing this for over a year now and it really helps with sebum control - I now very rarely have to use a face powder or get oily during the day.

 
Toner and Serums
 
Depending on what serum or treatment I'm going to use, I may opt for an acid toner - currently Pixi Glow Tonic or a nice hydrating toner - currently The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner.
If my skin feels like it needs some extra hydration I'll use a lotion - currently Dr Jart Ceramidin.
Then on to a step I take every morning - a serum to address redness/broken capillaries. I've just run out of my all-time favourite, the Dr Medica Capillaries Serum so I pulled out this Hylamide from my stash. Just hoping it can do the job as well as the Dr Medica! Another serum I use every morning is the Green Keratin Cactus + B5 Neck Elasticity Fluid - a beautiful hydrating serum to stave off signs of aging on my neck and upper chest.

 
Serums in rotation:
*ValJean Labs - Niacinamide + Zinc  - Niacinamide is my all-time favourite ingredient for instant brightening results. 
*Ishtar Skinlights - Perfect & Glow Peptide P3 + SOD + Vit C Rovisomes  - a fairly recent inclusion into my routine. I wanted a product with Vitamin C in that I could use in the day time. This is a lovely serum, but it's too early to tell how it's working yet. But after using a Vitamin C product that included a whopping 30% of Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid, I'm not entirely sure that this product has the potency I'm looking for.
Formulathions  -Malachite Serum - With the inclusion of Blue Tansy, this serum is one that I'd go to if my skin was feeling sensitive or in need of a bit extra TLC. It's a Spanish brand which I found in T.K Maxx - so I picked up two of these as it's unlikely that it's readily available in the UK.
* Gatineau -Melatogenine AOX Probiotics - this gives me similar results to the Niacinamide - Instant brightening and a glowy complexion.


Eye Cream
I prefer a serum in the morning. Currently using The Ordinary Caffeine Solution.

 
Moisturise and SPF
 I'm currently using Nuxe - 48hr Moisturiser and Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review