Weekly Makeup Bag #41

Another week choosing a palette that's big on choice. This is my rather sorry-looking Morphe 35T palette (which I bought with the two smashed-up pans already there).
Last time I only used this for the one week and a week just wasn't enough time to have a full play-around with all of those shades.

 
* Primer - Pixi by Petra Flawless & Poreless Primer - I don't usually use primers as I've never really met one which does a job so well that I mind having an extra layer on my face for. But because I've pulled out the Nars foundation to use this week, I'm thinking that I'm really going to need something to smooth the way! This is part of my 20/20 vision project, but I hardly reach for it.
* Foundation - Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation- My most expensive foundation but one that I hardly reach for. This was a big disappointment in terms of delivery - it needs a lot of work to make it sit well, and I don't think that many people want to actually struggle with making a foundation work - I certainly don't! But it cost a LOT, so I'm damned if I'm giving up on this so easily. Also, I still think it's just a tad too light for me ('Mont Blanc').
* Undereye Primer - E.L.F and Under Eye Concealer - Missha Under Eye Brightener (Not pictured). I thought the Missha under eye brightener was going to come to an end a couple of weeks ago - but there still seems to be some left in the tube, even though it's getting harder to get out.
* Powder - MUA Matte Perfect
* Contour - Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour (Not pictured)
* Highlighter - MUA Strobe & Glow - The powder part of this highlighter compact seems to be a lot chalkier than I remember. This is one that could be a possible de-clutter by the end of the week.
* Mascara - Benefit - Roller Lash - After my initial ambivalence towards my new Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara, I'm reluctantly popping it back in the drawer this week because I really, really need to finish up this mini Benefit mascara.

 
* Blusher - Nars - Orgasm and Lipstick Queen - Honest Politician
I picked up the Lipstick Queen in T.K Maxx some time ago. It's a cream blush formulation (not my favourite formula for blushes) and is highly pigmented but also needs a lot of care when applying to not overdo it! Maybe I could try using a brush with this as it's not the most hygienic to keep smearing with my fingers!
 
 
Lipsticks
The using a 'lipstick a day' plan went a bit awry, so I'm trying to pick that habit up again this week by choosing some of my favourite Autumnal shades - which happen to be my all-time favourite shades as well!
From L-R:
* Revlon - Terra Copper
* Barry M - Berry-Licious '171'
* E.L.F - Lip Tint in 'Peach'
* Bagsy - Wow Lips
* Models Own - Lix Velvet Lipstick in 'Sugarplum'
* L'Oreal Balmain in 'Fever'
* Kat Von D in 'Lolta'
 
 
Pan Watch!
Last week I managed to hit pan on just one shade in my Makeup Revolution Flawless 2 palette! This palette has survived the recent Makeup Revolution cull. It's not the most exciting palette but it has been steady and dependable and I was able to create a good number of different looks last week using this palette.
 
 
De-Cluttered
Two more Makeup Revolution products that bit the dust this week - the Golden Sugar Blush Palette and Gradient Highlighter/Blush.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review