A Super Simple D.I.Y Eye Mask - Egg White and Coffee

Firstly, I have to credit to the site where I got this idea from (I wasn't smart enough to think this one up!) - this recipe was taken from the Hello Glow website.

This super simple make-it-yourself eye/face mask can be whipped up in a flash with ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen readily to hand.

Coffee and Egg White Under Eye /Face Mask

 
This recipe was initially intended as an under eye mask because the caffeine in it is great for puffy, tired eyes and the egg white helps to tighten and firm skin. However, there was enough of this mixture to use as several entire face masks and because I'm not convinced that this mixture would keep well, I used as much as I could on my whole face (and my husbands) before tipping away the remainder of the mask.
 
Ingredients
* 1 egg white
* 1 tsp ground coffee (unused)
 
Directions
* Separate the egg white from the yolk and place in a small bowl along with the 1 tsp of ground coffee. Whisk together with a fork for about a minute till the mixture is nicely blended.
* Apply with your fingers or a brush. Remember that this is a brilliant mask for your under eye area so take it up as close as is comfortable under your eyes. I didn't use it on my eyelids though!
* Leave on for approx. ten minutes.
* When you remove, splash some water on your face and use the mask as a gentle exfoliator. You may need a flannel too - the coffee grounds are quite stubborn to remove!
 
Thoughts
Such a simple mask to create, but the results are quite complex! My skin definitely felt much tighter, but it's not a tightness that can be equated to dry-tight. Although I instinctively wanted to reach or hydrating products to use after wearing this mask. My skin was also much softer and smoother and also looked clear and bright.
More noticeable were the results shown on my husband's skin. He honestly looked like he lost at least ten years off his face! Lines and fine wrinkles on his face appeared much diminished and his skin looked incredibly smooth, brightened and softer.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review