Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box August 2018

Has a month already passed since receiving the last Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box? It feels like the time has whizzed past.
But in this instance, I'm not sorry. I was really, really looking forward to this, my second box from Skin Organics Clean Beauty.  

The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 

100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol,  Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £21.00 + £3.95 p+p BUY HERE
 
The theme of the August box is 'Refresh'
 

Love the elegant and clean simplicity of this box.
Although it was recently announced that the outer box will soon be done away with to reduce excess packaging, which can only be a good thing. Some beauty boxes I keep to store things in and others I re-use to send things through the post, so there's never any waste here. 
 
The Reveal
 
I'm always eager to see what's inside but then again, I love that feeling of excited anticipation, so I unbox veeeerrrry slowly.
 
 
As with last month's box - first impressions are very good!
There's only one brand I recognise so I'm excited to come across new-to-me brands.

 

Casa Mencarelli - Sicilia Lemon & Clay Face Mask
Size received 12g /£8.00 for 12g or £25.00 for 80g BUY HERE

Happy to see the inclusion of a clay face mask as I've been dabbling around with clay masks recently and have been loving the versatility of adding your own mixers with clay powders.
This 12g deluxe sample pot came in a little linen drawstring bag and it has the prettiest Mediterranean tile labelling.
Made with Sicilian Green Clay and organic Lemon Peel Powder, capturing the feels of the Sicilian landscape in a pot!
This promises to be a delicate detoxifying mask - the lemon peel exfoliates gently and the Sicilian green clay will draw out impurities and toxins. Bellissima!




 
Eden Day's Body - Hawaiian Heaven Whipped Body Butter
Size received 60ml /£5.00 for 60ml/ £6.50 for 150ml/ £10 for 250ml BUY HERE
 
Oils are slowly macerated with botanicals and blended with essential oils  to create these dreamy, rich body butters. Ingredients contain Organic Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil;Organic Unrefined Shea Butter; Organic Cocoa Butter; Aloe Vera Butter; Unrefined; Avocado Oil; Grapeseed Oil; Organic Jojoba Oil; Vitamin E - Natural Non-GMO; Organic Green Tea; Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil; Neroli Essential Oil; Lavender Essential Oil and Geranium Essential Oil.
I'm keeping this gorgeous body butter on the table beside me so I can enjoying using it on my arms and legs every evening. It sinks in beautifully but leaves a lovely silken cocoon on your skin. The scents seem to be ever-changing on your skin - you get the initial burst of scent on application but also intermittently you'll get a completely different lovely puff of aroma later on. Which is why I like applying this in the evening before bed - it's very relaxing and comforting to catch these sudden bursts of scents.

 

 
 
Delune Paris - Coconut & Rose Face Spritz
Full size received /£18.00 for 100ml BUY HERE
 
This was the sneak peak product shown on Instagram so I was looking forward to this because I do love a rose facial spritz.
This can be used as a toning spritz or for after makeup application. In the summer to refresh tired skin or in the winter to soothe and hydrate dry wintry skin.
It has a beautiful scent but has a bit more oomph than your regular floral water mists. I did find that it leaves a very thin oily film on my skin, so for me personally, this would suit my skin better in the winter when it's more dry.
 
 
Butter Bar Soapery - Revive Body Polish
Not yet available for sale. Other Body Polish costs £15.00 for 200g
See Butter Bar Soapery Products HERE
 
This body polish is the star of the show for me. I absolutely cannot do the scent justice using words alone!! This is such a crazily stunning scent it can't be true!
This body scrub contains cacao powder, orange peel powder, shea butter, sweet almond oil and a variety of sea salts.
I usually don't like chocolate or pudding-type scents in my body products as I find them overly sickly but I'm guessing that's because most body product fragrances are artificial. Because of the natural cacao powder and orange peel powder, this chocolate orange scent is anything but artificial - it's just so goooood!
I've used this every single time I've had a shower and I'm going to be pretty bereft when this runs out. My body feels and smells great and the scent left behind in the bathroom after a shower has everyone 'oooh-ing' every time they walk in!
 
 
It even looks like a delicious chocolate dessert in the pot!
 
 
Bao Skincare - Apricot Rose Face Polish
Full Size received / £14.00 for 50ml BUY HERE
 
This shea butter based facial polish uses bamboo exfoliant so it's not a terribly harsh physical exfoliator and is intended for sensitive skin (which is ideal for me - this is one area where I don't want to go too hard). It also contains apricot, rosehip and baobab oils and rosewood  and frankincense essential oils.
The scent is quite light but with the unmistakable fruity/floral aroma.
I used this for the first time this morning and loved the instant results of fresh, glowing skin which was left super soft and not dry, tight or irritated.
 
 
 
I'm absolutely loving this monthly beauty box. Not only have I been really excited about every single product received but I really feel that this box is particularly well curated (looking back on previous boxes, the standards have never slipped and I just wish that I'd subscribed earlier). Another thing that impressed me this month was the personal customer service I received - after seeing that the August box theme was going to be 'Refresh' I erroneously thought that, with it being August, there might be some after sun type products included and that generally means plenty of Aloe Vera (which I have a sensitivity issue with). I didn't want to receive a box of products that I couldn't actually use, so I contacted Skin Organics Clean Beauty and asked if any of the products were going to have Aloe Vera as a main ingredient. They got back to me very quickly after checking the ingredients and let me know there wouldn't be. And I really appreciate that level of personal service and communication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review