Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box

The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products.
 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol,  Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.
 
I've had my eye on this box for a while and when I heard that the July edition was all about Roses - I just had to sign up.
 
A monthly subscription costs £21.00 + £3.95 p+p BUY HERE
 
 
 
Clean, simple, classic designed box (and yes I know it the Rose edit, but I only had Lavender hanging around to use in my photos!!)
 
 
Excitement is gathering momentum! Look at that beautiful rose tissue paper. I can already detect my favourite scent of Damask Rose!
 
 
The Reveal!
I'm recognising brands that I already know and a couple I've not heard of before. The initial reveal makes my heart leap with joy - it's all looking so perfect!
 
 
Lola's Apothecary - Body & Massage Oil
 £20 for 10ml BUY HERE
 
 This was the 'teaser' item shown on Instagram. This natural perfume oil comes in a slim glass bottle with roller applicator. With top notes of sweet orange and lemon, heart notes are rose and geranium and the base notes are vanilla, patchouli and sandalwood.
I can see that this is going to become my new favourite perfume.

 
Let's just take some more time to appreciate how aesthetically pleasing this product is!
Without sounding too clichéd, this is an extremely sensual scent. But I'm not talking coy and suggestive sensual, oh no! This is a knowing sensual - potent and confident, naked and owning it!
Oh my! Best we move swiftly on.... (fans self coquettishly).

 
Green People Special Edition Damask Rose Moisturiser and Damask Rose Facial Oil (sample sizes)
Full Sizes BUY HERE
 
This is a brand that I've heard of, but not yet tried. And I'm delighted that my first experience will be one infused with Damask Rose! A £3 off code is included to use on Special Edition products.
 
 
I know a lot of people really don't like strong scents, but for me the scent of a product is one of my major considerations. I'm aiming for a skincare routine that's not only great for my skin but that gives me a full-on sensory experience every time.
 
 
Alteya Organics - Rose Oil Hand Cream (30ml)
$8.50 for 30ml BUY HERE
 
Alteya Organics, who are Bulgarian Rose Oil distillers, are a brand that I've had my eye on and who have been on my 'try wish list' for a while because of their (mostly) Otto Rose and Rose Damascena based skincare products.
I get through a LOT of hand cream through picking up the habit of re-applying up to four times a day. It's absolutely vital to me (as a book and ephemera seller) that any hand cream I use absorbs well without leaving any greasy residue (so I don't leave smears on the stock!). I tried out this hand cream this morning - it has quite a spicy rose scent. It takes a little while to sink in entirely, but it eventually does - I'll just have to remember to not handle any papers directly after application!
 
 
Zenon Kition London - Floral Beauty Mist (Pure Rosewater) Full Size
100ml for £9.99 BUY HERE
 
I've not heard of this brand before but very happy to receive some Rosewater.
I've recently been using rosewater as a morning cleanser but it's one of those skincare essentials that can be used for so many other purposes - as a cooling, hydrating, refreshing mist; as a step between skincare layers; as a mist to calm redness; even as a hair mist.
Most floral waters have a reasonably short shelf life so I won't be opening this until I've finished up my current Rosewater.
 
 
Weleda Wild Rose Creamy Body Wash (20ml)
200ml for £7.95 BUY HERE
 
Weleda Wild Rose Body Oil (10ml)
100ml for £25.95 BUY HERE
 
A brand that I know and have several of their products. Lovely products but as they are bodycare items, these small sample sizes will probably only last a couple of uses each, so it would have been nicer if they were slightly larger to get a full feel for the product.
 
 
Balmkind Alpine Rose & Lysine Lip Balm (Full size)
10ml for £12.00 BUY HERE
 
Unfortunately for me, I recently received this very product as a GWP, so will be passing this on. Interestingly, Balmkind seems to only sell this one product.
This lip balm includes Alpine Rose, Lysine and Licorice Root - ingredients with naturally occurring anti-viral properties. I've not yet tried this as I don't want to have too many lip balms open at one time. But this does look like it'll be a perfect lip balm for winter.
 
 
Odylique Organic Lipliner in 'Rose' (Full size)
£12.50 BUY HERE
 
Odylique, a Suffolk-based brand, believes that "All ingredients must have therapeutic value, and the product must be a joy to use". Sounds pretty spot on to me!
I wasn't aware till this moment that Odylique made makeup!
I'm not really a lip-liner wearer, but this shade looks exactly the one I would have chosen for myself, so I will be making a concerted effort to wear and enjoy it.
Apparently, this lip liner is the first certified to Soil Association and Fairtrade standards.
 
 
So, that's my first ever Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box.
I'm hugely, hugely impressed with this box. I've been avoiding subscribing to too many beauty boxes recently as I want to streamline my skincare routine and have every single item that I use to be something that I really enjoy and get a lot out of, instead of finding myself trying to use a product up and just tolerating it while I do so!
 
I had intended to 'see how it goes' before committing to this box over a period of time, but I really feel that the type of brands and products that this box provides is a direction that I find myself wanting to take. Can't wait to see what's inside next month's box!
 
 


Comments

  1. Thank you so so much for your amazing blog post and positive comments about this months box ! Im so pleased that you have enjoyed it ! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review