Weekly Makeup Bag #21

My skin has been in great shape recently and is looking quite clear but for some reason it's not been looking so good when using foundations with any degree of coverage - it seems to be caking on my nose and sinking into my pores making them look worse (maybe I'm drier than I think at the moment?). But whatever the reason, I'm gravitating towards lighter coverage and have been favouring my Erborian CC Cream as the only base. This week I picked up some Erborian BB Crème Au Ginseng, so have introduced that into the weekly makeup bag as my initial choice of The Ordinary Colours foundation is looking terrible on me this week!
This is also the week when I start cycling through my eye shadow palettes again - and my first choice is the Obsession Makeup bespoke palette.

 
 * Primer - A'Pieu - Start-Up Pore Primer - I have several sachet samples of this primer to use up. Although this feels very silicone-heavy, it doesn't seem to clog up my pores. And because of the silicone base, it does make quite a good velvety base for foundation to sit on. I need all the help I can get this week as my foundation is just not sitting well.
* Foundation - The Ordinary Colours High Coverage Foundation. I'm also adding the Erborian BB Crème Au Ginseng - hoping this as brilliant as the Erborian CC crème.
* Under-Eye Concealer - Inglot - This is still going strong!
* Powder - TonyMoly - Cat's Wink - Still not hit pan on this compact.
* Highlighter/Illuminator - No7 Skin Illuminator - I've nearly finished off this little tube.
Nars - Reckless.
* Blusher - Cargo in shade 'The Big Easy' - I got this in a recent beauty box and absolutely love the colour (and the cute tin packaging).
* Contour (not pictured) - Makeup Revolution Contour Palette. I gave up on the Sleek contour palette - it just wasn't blending too well.
* Eyelash Primer - Model Co 3D Lash Primer - I didn't think too much of this at first but it does work well with this week's mascara choice.
* Mascara - Elizabeth Arden - Standing Ovation - I've kept this deluxe mini in the bag from last week as I really liked it. However, I have read reviews where people have said that they loved it at first but that it tends to start clumping as it gets a bit drier. I hope not!
* Lips - Bagsy Wow Lips Chubby Stick in shade '03 - Ready to Wear' - I've been wearing this almost every day recently  it's such a gorgeous colour and lasts reasonably well too.

 
 
De-cluttered
The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer seemed to be the culprit for making certain foundations pill quite badly, so that was the sign I needed to de-clutter this primer (it didn't really do much anyway). I also gave up on the Body Shop BB Cream and the Drops of Sun Honey Bronze (far happier to stick with powder bronzers).
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review