Weekly Makeup Bag #19

My makeup bag runneth and spilleth over this week as I cram it with single eye shadows in an attempt to use everything I have. This is the penultimate eye shadow palette this week - after next week's I can go back to cycling through them again.
Just one newbie added this week - the Maybelline Khol eye liner. I feel like I haven't used a khol liner in years, but after my fruitless search for a single blue eye shadow a couple of weeks ago , I turned my attention to seeing if I could find the right shade of blue in an eyeliner - I did, and here it is!

 
* Primer (not pictured) The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer - I used up a sample sachet of E.l.f Mineral Infused Primer last week and really liked it - it's definitely on the 'will repurchase' list when I've finished up some more of the primers in my stash. I reluctantly bring in The Ordinary primer this week - reluctant because how I feel about the brand now that CEO Brandon Truaxe has made it so toxic, and reluctant because it's not one of my favourite - but not so terrible to throw it away.
* Foundation - Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation in 'Mont Blanc' - My god this made me look so pale this morning! I only bought this in March but I must have gained a little more colour of the past couple of weeks than I realised.
* Under Eye Concealer - Inglot - This tiny tube has to be the magic porridge pot of concealers - still product left in it! I also pulled out the TonyMoly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base stick (not pictured).
* Powder - TonyMoly Cat's Wink
* Bronzer - e.l.f Sunkissed Glow Bronzer - second week for this product. Will definitely need it his week with my pale foundation.
* Blusher - Nars - Orgasm - My all-time favourite blusher.
* Contour - Sleek - Contour palette in Medium - A second week running for this contour. I can't work out if it's slightly too dark for me or if it's just because it's uber-pigmented but this contour needs a lot of work to blend in.
* Highlighter - Barry M Cosmic Lights - I don't reach for this much. I like the colours but four out of the six pans are cream highlighters and I really do so much better with powder highlighter.
* Mascara - Essence - I love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara - Such a great mascara for such a low price!
* Lip Plumper - Buxom 'Dolly'
 
 
 
* Eye Shadow Palette - e.l.f - Everyday Smoky (see swatches below)
* Models Own - Eye shadow quad in 'Mediterranean Haze'. This is a potential 'keep or toss?' item - I'm really not a fan of pale blues as at my age, I just find them very anachronistic. This was definitely an impulse buy! However, I mixed the shimmer blue and the shimmer brown and I sort-of, kind-of liked the look - so we'll see!
* Models Own - Eyeshadow Singles in 'Hazlenut', 'Greek Goddess' and 'Topaz Shine'.
* Kiko - Isa Arfen Asian Touch Holographic Duo in ' Signature Brown'.
* Maybelline - Crayon Hol eyeliner.
 
 
e.l.f Everyday Smoky Palette Swatches
 


De-cluttered this week
 
 
I've been trying to use up some foundation and BB cream samples and I've had this Argan Liquid Gold BB kicking around for some time now. It's meant to be tone-correcting, but to be honest, it doesn't appear to do anything for me at all - just feels like another unnecessary layer - so I've decided to get rid of this.
The Kiko Unlimited Foundation was never particularly great on its own so I've been using it (mixed with other things) as the base for my D.I.Y cushion foundation. I can no longer pump or pour/tip anymore from the bottle (even though it still looks full!) and so this goes too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review