The Seven Skin Method ~ Korean Skincare

I've long been a fan of Korean skincare but oddly, despite knowing about this skincare technique for a while, I've only just adopted this method into my morning and evening skincare routine.
 
I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks but I've been blown away by the difference in my skin - it's been looking and feeling great recently, and not just straight after using this method but day after day after day! (Let's hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that!!)
 
For me, it's become clear that hydration is the absolute key for good skin - and probably even more so for older skin.
 
I'm going to put you in the hands of the experts for the best explanation of how to easily incorporate the seven skin method into your daily routine.
 
 
 
So, a recap -
* don't use acid or glycolic toners
* you don't have to use seven different products
* start with 3 skins and work your way up.
 
 
 
These are the toners I have been using.
 
* I start of by using the Jurlique Activating Water Essence as my first skin.
* Because I am trying to use the Ziaja Marigold toner up, I use two skins of this - although it's a very watery toner and not quite as hydrating as The Body Shop toners, the Scinic All-in-one Aqua Ampoule or the Origins Mega Mushroom Relief.
*I find The Body Shop toners are really hydrating and sink in well, however many skins you use.
* The Scinic AIO Aqua Ampoule is quite a runny gel but I can still use up to 3 skins of this product without it being sticky on the skin. This is a great way to use up this never-ending mega pot of product!
* The Origins Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Relief and Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion is one of my new favourite products so I only use one skin of this as I want to hang on to it for as long as possible. However, it's an extremely rich and quite viscous toner-style lotion so really does pack a punch.
 
At first I thought there was just no way that I'd be able to apply seven layers of hydration onto my skin without it absorbing well or making my skin feel over-loaded or tacky, but I was so surprised at just how readily my skin drunk up these extra layers.
I can still also use my other daily skincare products without feeling that it's too much for my skin.
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review