Weekly Makeup Bag #16

Another week rolls on and I've realised that I've nearly finished going through the totality of my eye shadow palettes - I think there's only 3 or 4 left to introduce to the weekly makeup bag until I start all over again.
It's been a brilliant exercise in re-evaluating what make up I want to keep and what I want to tossAlthough I don't have any items this week that I'm deciding whether to keep or not - just several new items that I bought in the week and am eager to try out.
 
 
*Foundation (Not pictured) - using up some foundation samples that I have amassed quite a few of.
*Under Eye Concealer (not pictured) - Inglot - this has taken forever to finish off but I think it will be empty by the end of the week.
*Powder - Trying out a mini sample of Nude by Nature Radiant Loose Powder Foundation in 'W2 Ivory'. Also, sticking with L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Powder for touch-ups.
* Bronzer - Benefit Hoola - Bought three Benefit minis from Boots to try out without committing to full sizes. I used to wear Hoola years ago and remember it was one of the Benefit products I like (I find them a bit hit or miss).
* Blusher - Benefit - Gold Rush - Another mini. I tried some of the Gold Rush blusher at the Benefit counter in House of Fraser several weeks ago and I was pretty impressed with it then. It's a gorgeous peach-gold toned highlighting blush. However, I'm finding it hard to get a decent amount on my brush from this mini and as such, it doesn't seem as highly pigmented as I remember from the previous test.
* Highlighter - Iconic London Strobing Stick - This was the product that completely changed my mind about cream highlighters - I love this one!
* Eye Shadow Palette - Sleek i-Divine in 'Au Naturel' - I wrote down an inventory of my eye shadow palettes and this just happened to be the next one on the list that hasn't made an appearance in my weekly make up bag yet. I bought this last summer, tried it out once or twice and then filed it away again. On first try of this palette this week, I'm remembering why it's been an un-reached for palette. The shade selection is one of those 'nothing fancy' everyday wear ranges, which suits me this week as I'm starting to realise that about 75% of my eye shadow collection are shimmer and metallic shades! However, the colours don't blend particularly well and I end up with a slightly muddy, in-cohesive look. This may well be another palette which gets put on the 'keep or toss' decision pile.
* Lipstick - Revolution Pro - Supreme Matte Lip Pigment in 'Illusion' - I've been supremely impressed with my first colour of buys from the new Revolution Pro range. The packaging of this lipstick is a complete dupe of Nars, whether or not the lipsticks themselves are a good dupe is questionable as I've not yet tried the Nars version! I'm loving this shade 'Illusion' - it's a great nude for me. I've found that a lot of Revolution lipsticks have been misses for me - the colours are always different from the swatches online and I've never picked a winner yet. This one changes all that!
* Setting Spray - E.L.F - Matte Magic Mist & Set - My first ever setting spray purchase. I've been using this on and off for a couple of weeks now and so far I don't think I was too far off the mark when I used to question if I needed a setting spray or not. I'm not seeing results that are outstanding enough for me to make this a 'must-have' part of my make up routine.
 


Keep or Toss?
 
 
These were my deciders from last week. I got rid of all of them. I also de-cluttered an old Inglot eye shadow trio and finished up my L'Oreal Lash Extatic mascara.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review