The Tili Mini Bag

The Tili (Try it Love it) box from QVC is my favourite beauty box going, so when I had an email from QVC saying that they were offering this mini collection, I leaped at it immediately!
 

The Tili Mini Go Flawless Make Up- £12.00 (inc P+P) from QVC - BUY HERE
 
Usually when I receive a make up bag with a beauty box/bag, they just get filed away with all the others, but this bag is as lovely as any of the products inside!
It's the most amazing holographic - copper/pink/silver/turquoise - translucent bag, the photo really doesn't do it justice!
 
 
I'm stunned by the amount and quality that came in the bag - all for just £12.00!

 

1. Becca - First Light Priming Filter (6ml)
I've been wanting to try something from Becca for a while and my first introduction to the brand has been a very positive one.
After one use, I think I may even dare say that this might just be The One!
I've gone through a load of primer samples and still haven't found one that I've wanted to buy a full size of (apart from maybe the A'Pieu Start-Up Primer). I was beginning to think that the best primer for me was actually my Biore sun screen. None of the primers I've tried have been able to stop my foundation sinking into pores and giving that awful dotty effect.
This primer is a light purple in colour. It's very light and non-greasy and upon application gives you the most natural, radiant looking skin you could hope for. It also evens out skin tone, to a certain degree. I found that my foundation sat so much better on my skin, without sinking into my pores. But it also helped make my entire make up look a lot better for the day. I think it possibly made my foundation last longer too -but that could be my imagination. As I said, this was only after first use, so maybe I shouldn't be so quick to confer saint status upon it!

2. Pixi by Petra - Flawless & Poreless Primer (12ml).
I was happy to see that this has a slight tint, which helps to even out your skin tone before applying foundation. However, first use didn't really blow me away - I still had my foundation sinking into my pores after using this.

 
3. Nails Inc - Chelsea Green (Full size)
I love Nails Inc and I love a good red nail varnish, so the inclusion of this was great for me. However, I did find that I had to keep topping this up as I got a couple of small chips on the first day of wear. By the third day of wear, after I had gone swimming, the varnish was chipping pretty badly on the tips of my nails - so this does get slightly marked down for wear-time.

 
4. Jay Manuel Beauty - Lip Stain in 'Smile' (Full Size)
Smile is a bright fuschia lip colour and I could tell at first glance that it's really not a colour for me. So I have passed this on. The only item I didn't want in the bag.
 
5. Doll 10 - Lipstick in 'Diva' (Full size)
I've only ever seen this brand on QVC so it was nice to get the chance to try something out. 'Diva' is quite a pale pink (although it looks more of a tea rose colour in the tube). I'd usually steer well away from such girly pinks, but this is really quite sweet. It's a great Spring-time colour.
 
6. Tarte - Amazonian Clay Highlighter 'Stunner' (2.2g)
Now I own a lot of highlighters (22 at last count - yeeks!) but THIS is surely the most pigmented highlighter I have yet to meet! It's a gorgeous gold colour that works particularly well with bronzers and neutral blushers to give you an almost-summer look.
 
7. Bare Minerals - Shadow Quickie Cream Eye Shadow Stick in 'Pewter' (1.4g)
I tend to be a bit wary of cream eye shadows as I don't like the feeling of a cream product sliding around o my eyelids. However, I've been wearing this for a few days now and it's not as 'slippy' as other cream eye shadows I've tried. The shade Pewter is a really nice nude metallic and is great for a really quick one-product eye look. I've also worn it as a base and it's great for a little bit of adhesion when packing other shadows over the top on the eyelid.


This mini make up-related bag was a first for Tili and I'm really hoping that it won't be the last. It's fantastic value with a really great range of brands and products. I've been especially happy that I was able to try out some brands that I've never tried before, or wanted to explore further without committing to buying a full size without trying first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review