Current Morning Skincare Routine



It's been a while since I posted a morning skincare routine but I've actually been following a very similar routine for the last couple of months as it's been working well for me.
 
I do alternate a couple of products every other day, but mostly, the routine goes a little something like this...
 
 
Pre-Gym/Swim

 
 
1. I use a basic toner to cleanse my face.
Current Toner - Ziaja Marigold Face Toner
Last year I stopped doing a morning wash with a foaming cleanser and opted to use either a micellar water or basic toner for a simple cleanse (since I had no make up on from the night before). I noticed after a while that this helped with sebum control immensely - so much so that I wasn't needing to use face powders after foundation or blot my face throughout the day.
Then a few weeks ago, trying to get through and use up more of my skincare stash, I started to wash with a cleansing gel in the morning again.
And lo and behold, my skin became much more oily. It took me a while to make the connection, but a couple of weeks I stopped 'washing' my face, and it didn't take long again for my skin to become less oily.
This is my first step everyday, whether I'm going to the gym or swimming or not.
 
2. Apply some of my DIY facial oil as a barrier.
I made up a small 10ml bottle of my own bespoke facial oil consisting of Marula oil, Rosehip Seed oil and Broccoli Seed oil.
 
3. After swimming and showering I use a basic moisturiser to calm my skin until I get home.
 
After Gym/Non-Gym Days

 
 
1. I use a basic toner to cleanse my face.
If I've been swimming, I use this to take off the moisturiser. If not, this is always my starting point in the morning.
2. Alternate Days - Bravura London Glycolic Toner
At 5% Glycolic acid, this toner is perfect for morning use.
3. Every day - Bielenda Dr Medica Capillaries Serum (Review HERE)
I use this without fail every day.


4. Eye Care
Either The Ordinary Agireline or The Ordinary Caffeine Solution



5. Alternate Days - QRX Labs Niacinamide and Retinol Serum
I bought this to replace my beloved The Ordinary Niacinamide and Zinc. So far I'm finding it okay and I like the inclusion of retinol, but it doesn't have the instant gratification that The Ordinary Niacinamide has!
I do not use this if I am using the Hero Project Glow Drops as I've heard it's not advisable to use Niacinamide and Vitamin C products together. However, if I am using a stronger Retinoid in my evening routine, I can still use this in the morning as it's a much weaker solution.


6. Either The Hero Project Glow Drops or Dr Botanicals Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil
Both of these give me a gorgeous healthy glow - I alternate between the two every other day.


The Full Morning Line-Up

7. After the dry-oil type serums I use a day moisturiser.
Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream
To be honest, when buying a moisturiser I don't tend to differentiate between day and night creams - I prefer a gel-type moisturiser that is good for morning and night wear. However, this Pai mini was in a beauty box, so I'm using it up. It's a nice lightweight moisturiser but it does initially leave a bit of a white caste which needs to be rubbed in till it goes. I wouldn't repurchase a full size of this.

8. I always finish my routine by using a sunscreen
Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence - SPF 50+ PA ++++
My holy grail of sunscreens  - I will forever repurchase this as my main sunscreen.
 

Comments

  1. Bio France lab introduces you to the perfect skincare routine for women and men. We want to be your guide through the whole process of finding or improving your skin care routine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review