Current Eye Care Routine

 
 I'm not entirely convinced that there is actually such a thing as a miracle eye cream!
I seem to have been searching for it forever (and I don't think I'm alone in what I read) and I've yet to find 'The One' or anything even closely resembling a Holy Grail eye cream.
I thought I had found it some months back with the Filorga Time Filler for Eyes - but after a few weeks I just stopped noticing anything special happening with that product. The same goes for many other samples and deluxe minis that I have tried. If they feel good, hydrate and moisturise my eye area without leaving a sticky residue or causing Milia, then I think that's possibly the best I can hope for.
 
 
 
I feel much more positive towards eye serums though - and have come to my own conclusion that the best thing for my eyes is to keep the area hydrated - which keeps your skin plump (and possibly reduces the appearance of fine lines) and soothes any bagginess and puffiness, albeit temporarily.
 
The products above are what I'm currently using. Although the eye cream is interchangeable every couple of weeks so I don't hit that 'plateau' that I usually do with eye cream - where it just stops doing what's its done before!
 
 
The Ordinary - Agireline Solution 10% £5.50 for 30 ml BUY HERE
 
This is, without doubt, my favourite eye care product. I use this most mornings (sometimes alternating with The Ordinary Caffeine Solution, depending on how well I slept the night before!).
 
Also known as 'Botox in a Bottle' , Arigreline is a trademark owned by Barcelona-based Lipotec. It is a proprietary solution of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8. Controlled studies have shown that Argireline improves the appearance of facial areas prone to developing dynamic folds, including around the eyes and in the forehead area. 

It's a clear, watery, odourless serum and I apply all around my eyes and also on my forehead. I have absolutely no irritation when I apply this, not even if I get it in my eyes (as I can be quite sloppy in application as it's quite runny).
 
At 47, I do not yet have any dynamic lines around my eyes, although I have quite a lot of fine lines. I do find that this serum is hydrating enough to soften those fine lines. I certainly haven't noticed any more fine lines appearing during the use of this product (about 6 months plus).
I do have static '11' lines on my forehead. I couldn't say if those lines have dramatically improved but they have definitely softened at least. I'm guessing that only surgery would actually reduce or remove static lines already present.
 
 
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG  £5.80 for 30ml BUY HERE
 
This is my second go-to serum for mornings when I'm feeling extra tired and my eyes are showing it!
This formula contains 5% concentration of caffeine, supplemented with highly-purified Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside (EGCG) from green tea leaves. Independent studies have shown that topical use of each of caffeine and EGCG can help reduce looks of puffiness and of dark circles in the eye contour.
Again, odourless and colourless but with a slightly more viscous texture than the Agireline. It instantly soothes, cools and hydrates the eye contour area.
I haven't particularly noticed any reduction in under-eye pigmentation, but to be fair, it's not a massive problem for me. But it certainly does calm and tighten my under-eyes, even if only temporarily.
 
 
Superdrug Naturally Radiant -Current Offer  £2.95 for 15ml BUY HERE
 
This is just one of several eye creams in rotation. I've been switching them around every couple of weeks. However, I've been pretty impressed with the Superdrug Naturally Radiant range - and currently, every item in that range is just £2.95!
This eye cream contains Mulberry and Kiwi extracts to brighten and smooth the eye area and help reduce signs of fatigue.
I currently only apply this at night.
So far, it ticks all the boxes for things it DOESN'T do:
* It doesn't cause milia
* It doesn't feel sticky or overly heavy.
* It doesn't sting my eyes or give them that 'over-tired' feeling that some eye creams do.
* It doesn't make me wake up with gummy eyes.
 
I don't see any immediate results after using this eye cream (or to be fair, most others either). But then, with such a reasonably short rotation period, I'm not likely to see too much of what could happen with continued and prolonged use.
 
It feels a bit of a cop-out writing about how little I trust most eye creams, but I know that I often feel something bordering on crushing disappointment when a product doesn't deliver what it promises or what I expect/hope it might do.
 
Maybe, this is one area of skincare when it doesn't hurt to half a glass-half-empty attitude - anything will be a bonus, right?
 
 

Comments

  1. Find Best Homemade Beauty Tips and Fashion Trends https://pakbeautytips.com/
    Find Best Homemade Beauty Tips In Urdu - Hindi, Skin Care Tips and Hair Care Tips In Urdu - Hindi And English Beauty Tips, Celebrity Style, and Fashion Trends Best Beauty Products

    Find Best Homemade Beauty Tips
    Beauty Tips
    Natural Beauty Tips
    Face Beauty Tips
    Hair Beauty Tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review