Weekly Make Up Bag #6

 
Sticking to one palette last week wasn't a problem at all (especially if that one palette is the Urban Decay - Naked Heat!). I've bought in two palettes this week, but only because I wanted to play with my Colourpop Golden State of Mind palette and I wouldn't want to choose a shimmer-only palette for a whole week's use.
Last week I introduced a brand new mascara - the I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara from Essence. First impressions were okay! It was nice and black, slightly clumpy (I just get the feeling that when it's been used a bit it will be less clumpy - maybe?) and had a tiny bit of fall out under the eyes throughout the day, but no huge smudges. It was an absolute pain in the arse to remove though - double-cleansing wasn't enough and I had to go in again with an eye make up remover too. It's a keeper for the time being, but probably wouldn't repurchase. However, it cost just £2.80, so for a budget mascara, it was pretty damn good!
 
 
 
* Foundation - Old - L'Oreal True Match. I was worried that I would remember why I hadn't used this in so long, but after a second very successful attempt at dermarolling last night, my skin was fantastic this morning and the foundation applied very nicely without patching or sinking into my pores. I still feel that this is best mixed with an illuminator or glow booster for optimum effect o my skin though.
 
* Concealer - New - Nip + Fab Green colour corrector - I just bought this last week in an attempt to see if I could do something about my red areas. I swatched a much cheaper Essence green colour corrector but it was very thin and runny and didn't seem to offer any coverage. The Nip + Fab concealer is much thicker, but it did take me a few attempts to control how much I applied (squeeze gently - a LOT can come out). Saturday was an absolute disaster - I almost had more green concealer than foundation and looked uber pale with a sickly green tinge! I didn't need a lot this morning as there were hardly any red patches and just a couple of tiny dots worked a treat.
 
* Under-Eye Concealer - Old/Hardly Used - Missha Under Eye Brightener - I'd forgotten just how great this is!
 
* Under-Eye Setting Powder - E.L.F - second week for this, I think I'll keep it in till I've used it up.
 
*Powder - Old/Hardly Used - MUA Matte Perfect Loose Powder - This is pretty good stuff for a budget powder
 
 *Highlighter - New - Kiko Into the Dark Shimmering Face Powder - 01 Uncontrolled Light - I just bought this at the beginning of the year and it's so pretty I really wanted to use it. I went in hard with a large fluffy powder brush rather than a fan brush and it was very pigmented and I definitely need to be a bit more subtle with further use!
 
* Blusher - Fave - Nars Orgasm - Second week for this too because I love it. I'm noticing a change in its texture which possibly means I'll be hitting pan soon. And then I'll just buy another one!
 
* Contour - Old/Fave - Makeup Revolution contour palette - so reliable, this is my absolute favourite.
 
* Mascara - Old/Fave - L'Oreal Paradise Extatic - My favourite mascara, probably needs finishing up soon.
 
* Lipsticks - L'Oreal Lip Paint Matte in '210 Dead Lips' and Kiko Milano Arctic Holiday Holographic lip balm.
 
 
And this weeks eye shadow palettes are Colourpop Golden State of Mind and I Heart Makeup Mint Chocolate palette.
 
I absolutely love the I Heart Makeup chocolate palettes - I know they are shameless dupes but they have such a fantastic colour range with mixes of matte and shimmer and they are so cheap you can't help but to buy them!
 
 
The pigmentation is pretty good for most shades although some of the pans are a bit patchy on application. You can see the patchiest shades from the swatches below. This morning I chose to use the yellow gold shimmer on my lids but this was pretty patchy and so I went over with one of the golds from the Colourpop palette. Although the matte shades are always nicely pigmented and most are nice and uniform on application.
 

 
 
I guess it doesn't help swatching in a freezing cold bathroom and making your skin go all goose-bumpy with the cold! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review