Weekly Makeup Bag #4

 Week Commencing 29th January
 
Into week 4 and rather than getting bored, I'm getting more enthused as this mini project rolls on. I'm even getting a bit more militant (well, slightly) in that I've pared my choices back to just one palette this week. I found that with too many choices, I was dithering a bit with my eye make up - it wasn't really pushing me to try new looks.
It's not like this is a makeup diet - I can always reach for that cream bun (aka shimmer eye shadow) if I feel I need that extra energy... let's see how it goes!
 

* Foundation - The Ordinary Colours
I've been using samples for so long that I'd forgotten what my current stash of foundations feel like! And straight away, going back to The Ordinary Colours - I'm reminded why I went on that search for the perfect foundation. This just isn't right! It's okay, but it settled in my pores on my cheeks and I just didn't feel satisfied.
 
* Under Eye Concealer - Old/Fave Maybelline Age Rewind
I haven't used this in a while and when I started applying this morning I was thinking "Oh it's nice not to have a concealer which exaggerates the lines under my eyes". BUT, then after seemingly applying nicely, I noticed that it had done exactly that! To be fair, this morning felt like I particularly crappy makeup day. Maybe it's my face! The good thing about this concealer is that you can see just how much product is left - I'm more than halfway done with this.
 
* Powder - Old/Fave - TonyMoly Cat's Wink Compact
Fourth week running. If it ain't broke...
 
* Highlighter - Old/Hardly used - MUA Strobe & Glow Kit in Pearl Glow
I didn't use to reach for this too often as when I first bought it I didn't think it was that impressive. This compact has a cream highlighter in the base, then another level has the highlighter powder (and there's also a mirror in the lid). I was pretty impressed when I used it this morning and I'm not quite sure what I didn't like about it! I'm enjoying revisiting some old forgotten products

* Blusher - New - Makeup Revolution - Blush Palette in Golden Sugar
This was quite  recent purchase. Such great value at just £6.00! This fantastic palette has 2 merged baked highlighters, baked bronzer, bronzers and merged blushers. I thought that I might get away with using the bronzer as contour - we'll see how that works out.

* Eye Shadow Palette - Hardly used - Makeup Revolution - New-Trals vs Neutrals
I bought this as I was drawn in by the warm shades. Trouble is, I'm not entirely sure they suit me! This can make me look a bit stark and wan. So I've not really reached for this since I bought it. I really want to see what looks I can get in a week from this one palette. As Tim Gunn would say, "Make it work!"

Brows - Makeup Revolution Brow Pomade in Soft Brown
More often than not, I won't use anything on my brows as they are quite naturally thick and dark. I have just two brow products, but I think I would be interested in buying a brow mascara - in clear or soft brown.

* Mascara - Old - Benefit Roller Lash
This came in a beauty subscription box and needs using up. It's probably not a mascara that I'd repurchase. Hopeully I can use it up within a couple of weeks.

* Eyeliner Gel - Old - Inglot
This definitely needs using up or de-cluttering soon. I very rarely wear eyeliners but when I do I prefer this eye gel over pencils or liquid eyeliners. It's so intensely black. The only problem I have with this is that it does take a while to dry and I often get smudges below my eyes.

* Lipsticks - Fave - Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Terra Copper
I panicked when I thought I'd lost this - luckily it was in a jacket pocket (which I hadn't worn since autumn).
Fave - L'Oreal - Color Riche Gold Obsession in Nude Gold Obsession
Bought last summer and I wore it a few times then. I really like this and am happy to re-introduce it into my make up bag.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review