Make Up Inventory 2018

When having the mega clear-out at the beginning of the year, I had in mind that I needed to declutter make up that was way out of date. But looking at my stash, the majority of it was bought within the last year!
 
I definitely went on an unfettered spending spree on make up and skincare last year and I think this is a good way to take account of what I actually own (although I'm making no promises that I won't buy each and every single highlighting product that catches my eye!).
Combining this with the weekly make up bag selection, should hopefully go some way into being slightly more cautious with over-consumerism.
 
 

Foundations
Total Count = 8
Foundations - 5
Cushion Foundation = 1
BB Creams = 2
 
I will be soon adding one more foundation to this list after my 'Foundation Search' in the past couple of months for a better quality everyday foundation (still torn between the Clinique 'Even Better' or the Estee Lauder 'Double Wear').
I don't worry unduly about having 8 foundations - it's good to have a choice when my skin is behaving differently or for different times of the year. The two of these I'm not so bothered about is the Body Shop BB cream (it has very poor coverage and no SPF) and the Kiko Milano (too dark and doesn't sit well on the skin). The Holika Holika Gudetama cushion foundation was my first ever cushion foundation and it's a medium I'm quite interested in. Although I did opt for the Korean shade No.21, which is a bit too light for me.

 
 Concealers
Total count = 6
 
I do have difficulty finding an under eye concealer which doesn't actually make the fine lines under my eyes more pronounced. My favourites out of these are the Inglot and the Maybelline Age Rewind.
 
 
Face Powders
Total count = 4
 
Another category that I don't necessarily reach for every day. After sorting out my skin (mainly) for oil-production, I don' need to 'blot' as often as I used to. Sometimes I find that powders exaggerate imperfections on my skin or make my foundation loo too cakey. So I'm happy with these four above - two pressed powder compacts; the Innisfree No Sebum mineral powder and the MUA loose face powder.
 
 
Blushers
Total count = 12
 
I only really started using blushers last year but now I wear it every day, and don't know how I managed without it previously! I prefer powder blushers to cream - my absolute favourite is the Nars Orgasm, but I'm also fond of the Inglot liquid blusher and the Make Up Revolution blusher palette is fantastic value for money.
 
 
Highlighters and Bronzers
Highlighters Total Count = 15
Bronzers = 2
 
Highlighters is the one thing I admit to buying far more of than I need. But I love them! They are my favourite forms of make up. I prefer the liquid highlighters such as the Lumene illuminator and the Pixi Glow Booster but once I got the hang of application, I really started to love cream highlighters and strobe sticks (like the Models Own and the Iconic London).
I only have two bronzers - both cheap ones from E.L.F. Not really got the hang of bronzers yet!

 
Contouring
Total = 3
The Makeup Revolution contour palette is possibly the only ever contouring product I'll ever need. It also comes with the concealer powders, highlight and bronzer. Although I do love the cool gel consistency of the Illamasqua contouring stick.

Pan-Watch January 2018
 

 
Lip Products
Total = 39
Lipsticks = 26
Lip Liners = 4
Lip Balm Lipsticks/pots = 3
Lip Gloss = 1
Lip Tints = 1
Lip Toppers = 1
Lip Kits = 2
Lip Palette = 1
 
 
Mascaras
Total = 6
 
After recently de-cluttering, I only have one full size mascara in my stash. Most of these mini sizes come from Beauty Subscription boxes. I'm thinking of adding a new full size mascara soon. But I have to be realistic - mascaras have the shortest shelf life so it would make sense to have a maximum of 4 at any one time.
 
 
Eyeliners
Total = 5

I'm not the best at 'wings' or eye-lining precision so I don't tend to use eyeliner very regularly. The three eyeliner pencils were all from Beauty Subscription boxes. I probably won't be adding any products to this category any time soon.

 And finally ...the biggest category - eye make up!
 
 
Singles = 20
Crayon pencils = 2
 
Brands include Kiko Milano, Teez, Models Own, By Terry, Bobbi Brown, Makeup Revolution and Colourpop.
 
 
Duos = 5
Trios = 2
Quads = 2
 
Brands include Inglot, Models Own, Wet n Wild, Pop, Hikari, Kiko Milano and E.L.F.
 
 
Palettes
Total = 18
Top Left - E.L.F/Top Right - Sleek/Bottom Left - E.L.F/Bottom Right - Essence.
 
 
Left - Colourpop/Right - Sleek
 
 
Top Left - Makeup Revolution
Top Right - Makeup Revolution
Middle - Freedom
Bottom - MUA
 
 
I Heart Makeup - Chocolate Bar Palettes = 4
 
 
Top Left - Lorac Mega Pro 3/ Top Right - Makeup Revolution
Bottom Left - Urban Decay - Naked Heat/ Bottom Right - Colourpop - Golden State of Mind
 
 I love eye shadow palettes! I've found that when choosing my weekly make up bag that it's easier to work with palettes than singles as they obviously, generally have a lot more choice. I particularly love palettes that have a mixture of shimmers, mattes and glittery pans - like the I Heart Makeup chocolate bar palettes.
Will I stop here? Probably not! Like highlighters, this is the one category where there's always something new and exciting to try.
But I certainly will endeavour to use all of them more regularly.
 
Now to look forward to six months time and see how many of these I've managed to use up! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review